Spark people

Options
does anyone use both mfp and sparkpeople? or is it best to stick with one site and thats it???

Replies

• aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I only do one or the other. I started with Spark but like MFP better.
  • pinksparklevapor1965
    Options
    :heart: I do both.. Ive been with spark people for so long.. I love both of these sites they rock.. and help in so many ways:drinker:
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I use WW for logging. I like the points plus plan. I use MFP for the community forums. People are much nicer here. I cannot believe how SNARKY those WW folks are!
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I use sparkpeople for recipes and the nutrition calculator. I like MFP better for recording food and forums. I also like that MFP works together with fitbit, which I love.
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I only do one or the other. I started with Spark but like MFP better.
    [/quote
    Same here...I was really motivated with the daily spins and the messages and trophies you could send other members, but when it came down to actually joining a challenge or messaging someone for motivation, etc. I find this site to be much better. Also tracking my food is easier on this site.
  • amersmanders
    amersmanders Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have accounts with both. I also started with Spark People, but have found that I like MFP better, but it's totally personal preference. If you like both, then keep both. I have Couch25K, Zombies, Run!, Nike+ and a bicycle gps app on my phone and I like all of them for different reasons.

If you spend more time trying to keep up with both than you do getting out there and exercising and making good food choices, then that's probably a sign that you would be better off with just one of them. But if you find both useful then keep both.
  • Msbutton
    Options
    I use both... I have just starte here a mfp but it does seem easier to navagaite... but I have friends on sp and some groups /teams I really enjoy.
    27418507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Never heard of Spark. MFP has been really good to/for me.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    I have accounts with mfp, spark, and livestrong. They all help in their own special ways:)
  • bettermistakes87
    bettermistakes87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use both. I love spark people for recipes and the old friends that I've made over the years, but I use MFP for ease of tracking aaand making new friends :D Feel free to add me on spark wicked_words87 is my user name over there.
  • moonfruity
    moonfruity Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I used SP for a little while but never stuck to my goals. I really like MFP because you can read other people's diaries... I get really good useful meal ideas that way. Plus I can see what people liked about my days or can keep me on track with water or exercise. WW was way too slow and their food database is lacking so many choices. MFP ALL THE WAY!