Oh for the love of lobster

Options
auntiemsgr8
auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
I have always been a lobster lover especially drenced in hot melted butter. I have been in New England for nearly two years and today was the first I had. And no butter. Had a small amount on a salad for dinner. Funny, I spent 15 years in Baltimore and never became a crab eater which is good because it has so much more sodium in it. So, would anyone have suggestions as to how to cook an infrequent lobster treat for dinner? :heart:

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I love lobster! I just like it plain, no butter. The claw is the best!
  • bcollins500
    bcollins500 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    In my house we prefer to boil them in a Big Black Enamel Pot on our Grill. It will fit 6 to 8 depending on size. My wife and I do not use butter anymore. Just pick and eat. Right now soft shell lobsters are very cheap, less than $ 4,00 per pound. Less meat but more sweet we find. We like to 1.5 pounders and when cooked weighs out at 1.25 pounds; Enjoy!
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I don't worry toooo much about sodium if its due to a once in a while treat. Just load up on your water that day and enjoy your lobster!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    In my house we prefer to boil them in a Big Black Enamel Pot on our Grill. It will fit 6 to 8 depending on size. My wife and I do not use butter anymore. Just pick and eat. Right now soft shell lobsters are very cheap, less than $ 4,00 per pound. Less meat but more sweet we find. We like to 1.5 pounders and when cooked weighs out at 1.25 pounds; Enjoy!

^^^^this^^^^^
    YUMMY!!!!