Thoughts on Insanity

Options
Hi,

I just started day 1 of Insanity and it was a great work out! Reading some posts on MFP, however, I've noticed that several people haven't lost any weight.

I have 20 pounds to go and thus far I've been losing about a pound a week at the gym. I switched to Insanity in hopes of a better workout. Is this workout worth it or am I better off running on a treadmill at the gym?

Any feedback on the program would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Replies

• JDMRoma
    JDMRoma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No its a great Program, are you planning on following the nutrition guide ?
    alot of people have had great results. I am using it with p90x for cardio and its intense !

Good choice, eat right drink lots of water.....and drink more !

John
  • kizzy482
    kizzy482 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I lost a few pounds when I was doing the insanity program I just didnt follow the meal plan after a few weeks. I should have though. I am starting over again on the insanity and this time I will be following the meal plan better. Overall I really enjoy waking up and hearing Shaun T motivating me to dig deep.
  • SunandaM
    SunandaM Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do you think following the meal plan is equivalent to counting calories on MFP? Also, how many calories do you say you burn? I just estimate about 350.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    It's a great program, BUT because of the intensity of it a lot of people don't lose weight, at least at first. This is because when you do such an extreme workout program your body tends to hold on to a lot of water for recovery, so you don't see the scale go down. However, your body IS changing and you will lose fat and tone up, no matter what the scale says!

My friend did two weeks of Insanity and didn't lose a single pound. Her DVD player quit working so she stopped the program, then dropped 15 pounds.

I did a few weeks of it and noticed pretty normal weight loss. It's different for everyone!
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Its a great program to increase your cardio endurance and lose inches..i have lost 5 lbs in 4 weeks..but alot of inches! My endurance is better..and i havent followed the diet all the way..i'm still eating the way i have since I started MFP. Its summer and I dont want to deprive myself of carbs! Good luck!
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose a whole lot, but really didn't have much to lose. It did make more definition in my muscles. I love it, and it works!
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    It is a great program! I did Insanity for about 2 months just to get in shape before our vacation and it definitely transformed my body even though I didn't see a huge weight loss on the scale. Your stamina and cardio improve dramatically. I also run and my runs are much much easier and faster! I didn't follow a meal plan at all, just tracked calories on MFP. Get a heart rate monitor - you definitely burn more than 350 calories during those workouts!
  • SunandaM
    SunandaM Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the response!
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    really good program i did it only for a month the 1st week i didnt follow the meal plan 2nd week i did and had achieved my goal for when my husband came home from deployment which was 10 lbs less im gna start the program again on wednesday tho hopefully i can finish it this time =)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 days away from finishing the program and I've lost 11 lbs. Didn't follow the meal plan.
  • kcoburn327
    kcoburn327 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 1 Month 2 of it. I have lost about 5 pounds but I have lost a lot of inches. I have not followed the meal plan though.

GL with you decision!
    Kelley
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Im almost done. I didn't lose any weight, I actually gained three pounds. Ive been eating at a deficit this whole time. Im down a few inches though. I feel ok about that. Over all I feel it was more work than it was worth. Lifting was easier and I think I had the same results. Honestly though only did it because I have no gym right now so it was good for that.

before and after so far- about 1 week left
    insanitybeforeandaft.jpg