I've got it this time!

Options
Hi all,

My name is Katherine, I joined quite a while ago but didn't exactly keep with it :ohwell: so I'm back with a vengeance. I turn 30 in 6 months time and my goal is to lose 20kgs (or as much as possible) by then. Ultimately I would like to lose about 35kg.

It seems a really supportive community here and I hope to be able to make some friends and get some encouragement, and some telling off if that's what I need!!:tongue:

So if you have any advice, or even just a bit of encouragement please talk to me! I lose motivation quickly but I'm determined to do it this time!! :smile:

Look forwad to getting to know everyone!

Cheers!

Replies

• lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Welcome Katherine! You are going to love it here!:flowerforyou:
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    A vengeance huh...haven't heard that in a long time...I wish you the best of luck, set realistic goals and stick to your guns. Add me if you want support..Have a great day, Jer
  • muddog1109
    Options
    Hi Katherin, Welcome back. I joined in may but I really was not ready. I am back now and ready to get rid of this weight. Good luck on your journey!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • LittleRedPiano
    LittleRedPiano Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I feel better already :happy:
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It sounds like you're ready for this and you're right, it is very supportive here. Good luck with your goals!
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Add me if you would like and we can cheer each other on!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I find it's easier to make small changes, feels so much less restricting! like now I eat a lot of veggies(several times a week not necessarily every day) and lean meats, but I still fill in with my yummies when I can! ;)

Wish you lots of luck and if you are interested there's a great post that I <3http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 helps set goals and macros and a good bit of info in general(i haven't read the comments just the initial post)
  • willing2try
    willing2try Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Katherine! Just give it your best, and I'm sure you will be happy and successful. I'm twice as old as you, and it worked for me! Never give up!:smile:
  • HealthierHappierBrenda
    Options
    You're not alone, I did the same thing on joining earlier but didn't stick with it. I'm totally dedicated to a healthier lifestyle since January 5th, 2012...I love MFP and the support and motivation from friends on here. You've got it for sure!!! Have fun on your journey =)
  • alycat06
    alycat06 Posts: 75
    Options
    Welcome back! I absolutely, positively love the MFP community. They are the BEST cheerleaders. There are so many tools and resources, so make sure you take the time to explore them all. You'll find varying opinions on certain things. Read, read, and read. Then do what works for you. Finally, take it one day at a time because you're worth it. :)
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your on a great mission! You can add me if you'd like. The more, the merrier!
  • smr92102
    Options
    Hi, I joined last week and have tracked everyday except Saturday & Sunday. And the scale showed exactly what the weekend was like. So, I too, am here with VERY good intentions and need all the support I can get.
  • Mact26
    Mact26 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ditto to everything you said. It's hard to stay accountable, because only you really know what you ate or how much you exercised. But that's what the community is for - and we can do it! And I bet the results feel soo good :)
  • thickemadama
    thickemadama Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I have just joined this site and still working my way around it. I joined because I need the support and to be accountable for my action. I enjoy talking to people, giving and taking advice. I hope to make many friends that will give great support and I will do the same.

Wanda
  • noahsmommie
    noahsmommie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Back with a vengance... I love it! I feel exactly the same way. I've tried to lose weight several times, but there's something different this time. This. is. happening. Feel free to add me. The more support the better. Best of luck!