How should my meals...

Options
What should i eat and what workouts should i do if i want to lose atleast 30 pounds by November ??
Really trying to get the weight off before mt birthday !

Replies

• jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Can you afford a trainer/nutritionist. Everybody is different.
  • SarahJean0704
    Options
    no , probably not
  • jawheb
    Options
    Do you workout already? If so what do you do?
  • SarahJean0704
    Options
    i do the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and walk 45 min on the treadmill everyday
  • phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    It's best not to put a timeline on weight loss. The best advice i can give is:
    - small portions of complex carbs like brown rice, quinoa, fruit, whole wheat bread, sweet potatoes, etc.
    -small portions of lean protein
    -unlimited amounts of water-based veggies.
    -use common sense and ditch the junk- you know what's good and what isn't. Also, drink lots of water- no soda or juice.

Try to get at least 30 min of moderate to vigorous activity almost every day, using cardio and strength training.
    Track everything you eat on mfp.

Basically, what I am trying to say is focus on what you can control, since you can't tell the scale what to say! :happy:
  • jawheb
    Options
    That's an awesome start. As far as food goes. I personally just watch what I eat. I consume 2300-2800 calories a day but I'm very active and eat clean foods. I just watch saturated fats, salt,sugar...you know all the not so good things lol. Processed foods and prepackaged foods I avoid. Fresh is always best. My profile and diary is public if you want examples. Warning: not for everyone and my diary is like a book.
  • Joneisha07
    Options
    It's best not to put a timeline on weight loss. The best advice i can give is:
    - small portions of complex carbs like brown rice, quinoa, fruit, whole wheat bread, sweet potatoes, etc.
    -small portions of lean protein
    -unlimited amounts of water-based veggies.
    -use common sense and ditch the junk- you know what's good and what isn't. Also, drink lots of water- no soda or juice.

Try to get at least 30 min of moderate to vigorous activity almost every day, using cardio and strength training.
    Track everything you eat on mfp.

Basically, what I am trying to say is focus on what you can control, since you can't tell the scale what to say! :happy:

I really love that last part! awesome words
  • SarahJean0704
    Options
    :)
    MFP told me i should be eating 1200 calories a day but im seeing people say they are eating more and as result losing more weight .. is that something i should try ??
  • jawheb
    Options
    It really depends on BMI & BMR you can get these from your Dr
  • phlower
    Options
    :)
    MFP told me i should be eating 1200 calories a day but im seeing people say they are eating more and as result losing more weight .. is that something i should try ??

It couldn't hurt! Try varying it from day to day. Obviously, don't eat if you're not hungry, and maybe set your diary to maintain so it gives you a good range.
  • phlower
    Options
    It really depends on BMI & BMR you can get these from your Dr

Also you can get these free on mfp and lots of other online places :)
  • SarahJean0704
    Options
    thanks for all the advice :)
  • JenniferMarq
    JenniferMarq Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you are working out, you should be eating at least 1500 a day. Try to eat low glycemic index foods (you can google a list) and avoid processed foods as much as possible. In addition to eating a low calorie diet, consuming low glycemic index foods will cause your blood sugar levels to remain more stable and will help with cravings because low GI foods are metabolized more slowly than high GI foods.
  • Megpta22
    Options
    Eat what u want but small portions. jogging 30mins three times a day. cruches sit ups squats do of each 20-30 three times a day drink water. no eating after 8pm. I also take with my meals bob harper formula. they work.