Replies

• brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Bump - far too long to read on my phone!!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Yep, you can pretty much guarantee that anything Alan Aragon has to say about nutrition will be worth listening to.
    +1. Aragon is one of the few people I pay any attention to. He cuts through the broscience and tells it like it is.
  • ipag
    ipag Posts: 137
    Options
    I actually like this article, it has most of the same principles that I follow on a Paleo diet (which some see as a low carb diet), particularly the Applying Moderation: The 10-20% Guideline section. I can also guarantee the group that consumed 43% of the total calories as sucrose (table sugar) felt awful in doing so, but numbers and math never lie. I also don't see where bread was mentioned though as a source of carbohydrate, only fruit, unless that is categorized under the sucrose label. Can someone enlighten me?
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    tagging
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Saving. Thanks!
  • happythermia
    Options
    bump for later!
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    bump for later
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    There ya go a balanced diet rules. :drinker:
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    what is this?! A knowledgeable post on MFP forums that doesn't start a **** fight with nutritional myths being thrown around all the place?!

+rep :tongue:
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Thanks.... saving to read later.
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    love any article that debunks the carb myth!! :bigsmile:

ME TOO!!

Bread Eaters-UNITE!

Um... since when does fruit = bread? Not in my world.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Bump - everyone should read this.
  • ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump to finish reading later
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I can also guarantee the group that consumed 43% of the total calories as sucrose (table sugar) felt awful in doing so, but numbers and math never lie. I also don't see where bread was mentioned though as a source of carbohydrate, only fruit, unless that is categorized under the sucrose label. Can someone enlighten me

The referenced study on sucrose did include behaviour and there wasn't a statistically significant difference between the two high carb diets (Table 7, reference below).

The article didn't debunk anything about carbs that I could see, the sucrose study was a comparison of two high carbohydrate diets where it was the sucrose content that was varied, not the carb content - which was over 70% of calories in both cases (eek) http://www.ajcn.org/content/65/4/908.full.pdf+html
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • ipag
    ipag Posts: 137
    Options
    I can also guarantee the group that consumed 43% of the total calories as sucrose (table sugar) felt awful in doing so, but numbers and math never lie. I also don't see where bread was mentioned though as a source of carbohydrate, only fruit, unless that is categorized under the sucrose label. Can someone enlighten me

The referenced study on sucrose did include behaviour and there wasn't a statistically significant difference between the two high carb diets (Table 7, reference below).

The article didn't debunk anything about carbs that I could see, the sucrose study was a comparison of two high carbohydrate diets where it was the sucrose content that was varied, not the carb content - which was over 70% of calories in both cases (eek) http://www.ajcn.org/content/65/4/908.full.pdf+html

Thank you, I didn't see that part about behavior. I also came to the same conclusion you did, so all this hurray bread cheering has me scratching my head...