Girls... (5'6" - 5'8")

Options
I'm around 5'7" and 150 lbs as of now, looking to get to 125. I want to look tiny and maybe that's just an average weight, but I don't want to be too small. I wear a size 6-8 (American Eagle), and don't know a good estimation of what it will be, but getting new clothes will be fun! Ha.
It seems as if it's more difficult to lose weight when you're in "decent" shape, and that's where I'm having issues. It's difficult, yes, but I want more results.
What are some good ideas when it comes to slimming/slenderizing? Because that's what it comes down to....
Also, if you're around 5'6"-5'8", what are your weight goals?

Replies

• valencia88
    Options
    I am actually in a similar position. I'm just below 5'6" and usually weigh in at about 140lb. there are times when I weigh in at 135lb. out of high school I weighed about 120lb. I gained about 50lb while pregnant with my daughter 2009-2010, got down to 135lb and gained about 20lb while pregnant with my son in 2011. I am frustrated with the fact that now I cant lose the last 15lbs I dont want. I am in average shape and also find it difficult to lose weight. I dont have toruble building muscle though and although I like the muscle, I want to be lean. I have purchased the insanity workout DVDs and it is a workout that does work. It's hard on my knees so I dont/can't do it everyday like the infomercials say to get the 60 days results.

At this point, the only advice I have is to research possible weight loss methods (as i sometimes do) and aadjust your diet to lean protein kind of meals. good luck to you.
  • ricebarbiee
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5 and currently weigh in at 151.4 =[

My UGW is 116 and I'm hoping to get there by my birthday next year (April 1st 2013). I hope to reach 125 by the end of the year, the sooner the better! Because as soon as I reach 125 I'm going to start talking to plastic surgeons to get some work done.

My highest weight was 180lbs in Summer of 2009, I didn't realize I had a problem until September 2010 which is when I started doing something about it. I got down to 136 by Summer 2011. I got pregnant in October 2011 and my daughter is now 7 weeks old and I am still working on losing that baby weight...I really hope that by eating healthier and breastfeeding I will be able to drop these nasty lbs. I'm not a huge fan of working out so I won't lie, I don't see too much of that in my future.
  • Kellie328
    Options
    Hi guys, Im 5'6 and currently VERY overweight. Last weigh in was like 226....Im trying to figure out what a good goal weight is for me. I think Im like medium frame. Before I got prego with my 2nd, I was doing really well and was down to 179 where I felt pretty good, still has some more to go, but....Anyway, I cant even imagine myself at 130 or smaller than that. Trying to get an idea of what that would even look like on me!
  • valencia88
    Options
    my husband and i just decided to cut soda out of our diets. a friend of ours who cut soda out of his diet a while back has made some great progress in losing weight. now, we're going to try it. we also decided that we'll try to cut out as much eating out as we possibly can. if we do eat out, we'll either share a meal or order healthy which is hard because we loooove our steaks and potatoes kind of meals. he also just cut alcohol out of his diet (i dont drink otherwise we would have done it together). we're on the right track and currently in the right mind frame, so we're hoping that we can keep things like this considering i'll be going back to work in 1 week starting school in 2 weeks and we have 2 kids under the age of 2 to take care (not to mention our 2 dogs). it's a lot, but exercise helps reduce stress and so does eating right. we are determined to get back to our pre-baby bodies (or as close as possible).

wish us luck.
    and i wish each of you luck in your journeys. remember: you can feel sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow. you choose.