HRM??

Options
So for those of you who own an HRM, what kind do you have and where did you buy it? What is the average price as well? TIA

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Polar Ft4 - Amazon I think - around $65
  • phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    I also have an FT4, and I love it. I purchased it at a sporting goods store, 2 years ago it cost me around $80 on sale.
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Suunto ambit combined with movescount.com = best purchase for fitness ever. About $500 but worth every penny. Logs everything and downloads to computer for a great analysis tool.
  • LaNena01
    LaNena01 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump.. looking for a good hrm as well...
  • suaku
    suaku Posts: 45
    Options
    Polar FT60 (does workout schedules and calculates proxy for VO2max) $127.48 (Amazon.com)
    No GPS (I use treadmill and elliptical only, so don't need it).

I'm happy with the purchase.
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I also have the Polar FT4. I bought it on sale about 2 years ago for about $85 at best buy. Works great for me!
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Just type HRM or Heart Rate Monitor into Search here and there will be 100's of post about them.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7. paid $100 at Best Buy but you can order it online cheaper. I was just too impatient to wait for it to come in the mail. It was recommended by my MFP friends and I LOVE IT!!!!!
  • slboling
    slboling Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and I love that it sync's up with the heart rate monitor on the elliptical display.
  • Vic_of_Steel
    Vic_of_Steel Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 on i
    www.heartratemonitorsusa.com
    It awesome baught if for aroud $60
  • fizzy123
    fizzy123 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar RS400. I got it as a gift.
    It has a lot of features I use for training intervals and speed and distance.Also a VO2 feature to test your basic fitness level on set up, to give a more accurate burn.
    However decide what you need from the HRM and how technological you are. If its just to log calories expended and stay in the right heart rate zone then get the basic model its easier to set up and use daily.
    If you want to use it as a training device invest in a model with more features.

Polar is a good brand and gives reliable data feedback provided you set it up properly with your details.
    Don't get something that is too hard to set up and operate as you will never use it !!!
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar RS400. I got it as a gift.
    It has a lot of features I use for training intervals and speed and distance.Also a VO2 feature to test your basic fitness level on set up, to give a more accurate burn.
    However decide what you need from the HRM and how technological you are. If its just to log calories expended and stay in the right heart rate zone then get the basic model its easier to set up and use daily.
    If you want to use it as a training device invest in a model with more features.

Polar is a good brand and gives reliable data feedback provided you set it up properly with your details.
    Don't get something that is too hard to set up and operate as you will never use it !!!

Thanks all for the advice and love this ^ info. I will buy the polar! Just wanting to get the accurate heart rate and see what cals I have burned…hear MFP is not very accurate.
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options

ditto & love it.
  • caitlinen
    caitlinen Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just got the Polar FT7 and loving it so far! I got it at a store here in Sweden costed around 140 US Dollars... things are way more expensive here.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Garmin Edge 500. Best out there. Google is your friend.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Garmin Edge 800, Garmin Forerunner 405 - biking and running tools, GPS top notch - useless in the gym.

Polar FT7, FT4, S725 - The s725 was the best but it is kaputt (7 years of loyal service including -30°C trekking), FT7 is like the FT4 but allows link up to computer. These are good for the gym and pretty good for other sports - the algo is purely cardio and parameter based and not distance -- good.

Best HRM depends on use.
  • broomnic
    broomnic Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just bought polar FT7 from amazon £60 and love it !
  • iroze
    iroze Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Same here. Bought on Amazon.
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 on i
    www.heartratemonitorsusa.com
    It awesome baught if for aroud $60

Same here! I like it!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4- Amazon- roughly $60-$70. Love it!