Is this normal?

Options
I just started working out, im walking just to get used to working out. I walk about 2 miles in and hour and I try to walk as fast as i can. But i have no energy and i really have to push myself. I feel like dead weight and when im done my entire body feels drained. Im eating all my calories and im eating about 80 to 90% clean. So im wondering if anyone eles exsperianced this when they started exercising and is there anything i can do about it or do i just have to wait it out?

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Pretty common to feel drained after cardio. After 30-45 mins hard cardio I find myself walking about 1mph to my car, dragging my feet the whole way. I hate it!
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    Drinking lots of water throughout the day helps. Make sure your not dehydrated.
  • schart1978
    schart1978 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Are you getting your protein??
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. For reasons I don't quite understand, I feel more drained after walking than I do after running, skipping rope, or lifting. Keep up the good work.
  • Shanz78
    Shanz78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it is normal thanks. I drink between 8 and 12 glasses of water a day and i get 20grams of protein over my requamended amount.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I just started working out, im walking just to get used to working out. I walk about 2 miles in and hour and I try to walk as fast as i can. But i have no energy and i really have to push myself. I feel like dead weight and when im done my entire body feels drained. Im eating all my calories and im eating about 80 to 90% clean. So im wondering if anyone eles exsperianced this when they started exercising and is there anything i can do about it or do i just have to wait it out?

You walk at 2mph for 60 minutes and feel muscle fatigue after or lung fatigue? If it is lungs, just keep going...your lung capacity will expand and you will be fine. If it is muscle fatigue, you should really consider doing weight lifting to increase strength both in your legs and core. No reason to feel muscle fatigue after 2mph walk unless you have under-developed muscles.
  • Shanz78
    Shanz78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Im having muscle fatigue and it not just after the walk its all the time. My mind wants to go hard but my body feels like someones pulling me in the oppisite direction im walking in. Im kinda hoping its my age (im 34) and the fact that im out of shape.