New username, not new to Myfitnesspal.

Options
Hello my name is Shana. I'm 24. I started Myfitnesspal last September to help me lose 100+lbs. I started loosing weight and Nov 6th (day 6 of me doing jillian micheals 30 day shred) I found out I was 5.5weeks pregnant- due july 10th. I kept eating healthy and kept exercising throughout my pregnancy. I had a 6.3lbs baby boy on July 8th via emergency csection. At my 2 week post partum appointment I found out that I lost 20lbs right after giving birth. I had maintained my weight throughout my pregnancy as I was overweight prepregnancy. My doctor loved that I did that. Because I lost weight in my 1st and 2nd trimester (gaining it back in my 3rd) my risk for gestational diabetes went way down! Now I'm back to try to lose my weight like before. I hope I can find some motivators to help me! (I promise this time I will not get pregnant! Lol) I do have one question though... How do you add Breastfeeding or do you have to just adjust your calorie intake?

Replies

• SJM626
    SJM626 Posts: 9
    Options
    Nobody to help me get motivated to weight? That's just sad.
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    hi im on here everyday and logging everyday you can add me if you like,cant help you on the breast feeding question though sorry !
  • JaseyMakesHerMove
    Options
    I don't know if this thread helps but: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/628773-new-option-needed-for-breastfeeding-moms

In any case, I'm Jasey. Feel free to add me. :)
  • SJM626
    SJM626 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you guys!
  • lovinmomma
    Options
    I breastfed 2 babies and I strongly convince you to add it in! these are calories you MUST eat back as they are for baby i would add it as excersise NOT food so that it takes off the fat and protien ect... and its 500 calories a day possibly more (not less as some think) depending on how much your baby eats, if you find your supply dipping then eat more. feel free to add me if you like :)
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Ali, I am on here everyday so please feel free to add me.
    I am a good motivater, so all welcome.