It's 12:45 am and I'm hungry

Options
It would be bad to eat.......right?? lol -_-

Replies

• roque2406
    Options
    i dont think so. how about a peach or celery?
  • Sequoia510
    Options
    Quick, Drink a glass of water and go to sleep. :)
  • sandyyy712
    Options
    before you eat, think to yourself "do i need the food?" because you're about to sleep anyways so your body probably doesn't need any more fuel if you've eaten right today
  • pammiekay68
    pammiekay68 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the same thing......I am hungry too!!
  • cariitasway
    cariitasway Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Quick, Drink a glass of water and go to sleep. :)

LOL good idea.....it's all in my head, it's all in my head! hahaha
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    make some herbal tea with splenda and go to bed
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i think it depends. are you about to go to bed? are you eating because you are thirsty or bored? have you hit your calorie goal for the day? what are you craving exactly? are you in emotional distress?

i'd say if you're gonna be up for a few more hours, have a few glasses of water and something light and dont fret about eating so late. but dont snack if you're bored or because of a bad mood. all bad reasons to be eating.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It depends - are you actually hungry?
    Did you work out a whole lot today/yesterday and eat under your calorie goal? If so, eat something - I find almonds are good to fill me up.

Or, if you ate plenty and didn't work out excessively, have a little something - a few cracker, 4-6 almonds then go back to sleep :)
  • cariitasway
    Options

This sounds good too :) although I'll be honest I'm scared to go to the kitchen o.O
  • Ali155
    Ali155 Posts: 30
    Options
    Maybe a glass of water, or if you can't sleep milk might help.
  • la_faerie
    Options
    If you're willing to eat something natural, you're hungry. FEED YOURSELF. If you aren't, it's a craving. Drink a glass of water and try to take your mind off of it.
    The whole "eating after ____" thing is a myth. When your body needs food, it needs food. Ultimately, your success is contingent upon your intake vs. output. Doesn't matter when it's eaten. :)
  • cariitasway
    Options
    I'm craving TUNA ;p.....but then of course I would add mayo and mustard and have some wheat crackers to go with it. So ummmmmm yeah....hitting the sack! lol
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    grapes.. apple?
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    water and a tablespoon of peanut butter, that'll quell the hunger and make it easy to sleep.
  • cornucopiaoflove
    cornucopiaoflove Posts: 45 Member
    Options

I second this! It's filling and calming (which helps because I'm a night-owl). I also pop in a piece of sugar free bubblegum. I know that for some people this actually makes them hungry but for me just going through the motions can help if I'm having a really bad sweet craving.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not bad. Have a healthy snack :)
  • feverinside
    feverinside Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Not bad. Especially if you have calories left... that whole don't eat past 7 thing is to prevent people from eating too much when they are bored.

But if you are in a deficit still and/or hungry for a healthy snack... go for it.

On the other hand, if you are bored and not really hungry... you need to drink some water/tea and go to bed.
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay within your calories, it doesn't matter what time you eat.