Success for today!

mablesyrup
mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
edited September 20 in Success Stories
My success for today was not only with my calories - but SODIUM!!! I think I've been over on sodium everyday and today I was under! WOOHOOO

Now if I can just get a handle on the sugar? I am WAAAAY over today- just a single serving of grapes I had today put me over on sugar... should I even be worried about sugar? For right now i'm more focused on baby steps- and those are calories and then sodium... once I get a good handle on those- then I maybe should move onto sugar? I don't seem to be having a problem with carbs this time around =)

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Congrats!

I wouldn't worry about going over on NATURAL sugar from fruits and the like (I don't even count it).. it's the added sugars you should worry about when counting.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    I wouldn't worry too much about the sugar for now either. I think it's best to focus more on calorie count and if you have a problem with the sodium, that. I tend to find that as long as my calories are in place everything else usually falls in to place. Keep up the awesome work!!!
  • One thing to remember about sugars from Fruits is that the body processes that differently then added sugars to foods. Its much easier and natural for the body to process fruits.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!