TURKEY MINCE - LOW CARB DINNER IDEAS?

Options
splucy
splucy Posts: 353
Okay so now that my SHOUTY CAPITALS have got your attention....

I am looking for some turkey mince dinner ideas that are low in carbs.

At the moment I cook up the mince with onion and then add in brocolli, red capsicum, tomato and garlic. So yum!! I love this but am wondering if there are any other ideas out there? or any suggestions on what I can add to the pan? Veggies? Vinegar? Lemon Juice maybe? *shrug*

Again, it needs to be low in carbs and additional ingredients need to be somewhat low in cals.

Thanks. Would appreciate any suggestions that you have xx

Replies

• jennyredfern
    jennyredfern Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    bell peppers, tomato, shredded cabbage, zuchinni, mushrooms, celery, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, chili garlic ginger sauce, egg whites, a few beans, top it with some light cheese.
  • splucy
    Options
    ohhh I love your suggestions :) I may add some mushrooms and egg whites... maybe even some ginger and chilli :) yum!
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    ginger,chilli,corriander/parsley,grated zuchinni & carrot into a rissole,served with sweet chilli sauce or hoisin sauce, so good!!
  • splucy
    Options
    ginger,chilli,corriander/parsley,grated zuchinni & carrot into a rissole,served with sweet chilli sauce or hoisin sauce, so good!!

sounds lush! definitely going to the supermarket today so I can try it tonight ^_^
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    stir fry with veggies & konnyaku noodles if you wish or cabbage.

No pasta lasagne with zucchini & veggies.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Thai Chilli Basil (although will be high in sodium) served on Cauliflower Rice
  • baabaabetsy
    Options
    Meatloaf is a good option and it's easy. Add some taco seasoning and make a taco salad mmm!. You could also make bun-less hamburgers or chili.
  • splucy
    Options
    ohhhh meatloaf... LIKE!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatball stroganoff:

Mix the raw turkey mince with herbs, garlic & an egg and form into meatballs. Bake for 20 mins and serve in a sauce made from a little chicken stock, a tsp mustard, a pinch of tarragon & paprika and finished with a dash of cream (or creme fraiche).

Serve with cauli rice or courgette (zuchinni) ribbons (peeled lengthways with a veg peeler and sauteed for 2 mins)
  • aly139
    aly139 Posts: 3
    Options
    Use the turkey mince instead of beef mince in bolognese or chile and have that with salad or veg. Also I made turkey burgers just using the mince herbs and spices I like (garlic, coriander leaves, black pepper, chilli) and an egg. Again I had then with salad. Or you could do a fritatta/omlette.

Also they're great for fajitas and you can either just eat the filling or replace the tortilla with lettuce leaves!

Hope that helps a bit!
  • Nadenoodlee
    Options
    I make thai style turkey burgers. To turkey mince I add a chopped chili, fresh chopped coriander, ginger paste or fresh chopped ginger, crushed garlic and 1 egg - bind it together and dry fry for 4-5mins each side and serve with a spicy carrot salad - delicious.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    ohhhhhhh you are so missing out on dishes of the orient... this is too easy!

Get your Thai fix on!!!
    Fresh basil leaves
    nampla
    soy sauce
    ginger
    gahhhhhhhhlic
    green onion
    fresh zest and juice of one lime

Throw in a food processor to properly mix well together.

Cook up in a saute pan with a little sesame oil.

Serve with lettuce leaves to stuff with, a nice salad of thinly shredded cabbage, paper thin red onion, shredded carrot just for color, thinly sliced red bell pepper strips and a splash of lime, ginger styled dressing with a pinch of sea salt and pink pepper.