I failed.

Options
So there you go, that was the first time I said it out loud.

I joined MFP last year, I half heartedly went along with it.. days off here and there, you know the drill. Then at christmas I came back with 2 things.. an engagement ring and a determination to not to be a fat bride.

8 Months on and I am now married to my man and not really much lighter than I was to begin with. I could say that the MFP way just didn't work for me, that I was so busy with planning that I just didn't have time to go to the gym or that I did what I was supposed to but somehow it just wasn't enough

It would be a lie, I might be podgy but I don't do fibs.

It was me, I hold my hands up, I didn't do enough for myself.
But heres the thing, I loved being a bride. Sure, since the wedding I gained 5lbs. Sure, I am not as happy with the pics as I could have been but this is not over. Not by a longshot.

I am here to stay and this weight, well, it's days are numbered...

Replies

• lalapurple62
    Options
    Good on you for admitting it was you that didnt do the work to lose the weight, so many people say,'oh that diet didnt work for me' a diet only works if you follow it, there is a quote i love that is ' if you kinda follow the program you kinda lose weight'
    You have to be motivated and committed to your own health and body otherwise it wont work. We all want the weight to come off immediately, but in my case it took 45 years to get to this point, so why should i expect it to come off overnight. , you sound like you are committed to win the battle this time, good luck and remember ....if you always do what youve always done you will always get what youve always got...
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Congrats on your wedding mrs! And here's to making MFP work for yourself. You didn't fail, your priorities were somewhere else. That's not failure, that's life.
  • JessNyathi
    Options
    You didn't fail you're back and ready to concentrate on it again. sounds like you've had lots of other lovely things to do. now do this for yourself! Good Luck x
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    So, it's Mr and Mrs now huh?? :blushing: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

....and welcome back. We're glad you've come home and with more determination than ever.

Remember...

YOU

CAN

DO

THIS!!!!!!!!

........AND we're here to support you. Add me if you like and we'll help support each other
  • hswadling4848
    Options
    i just don't understand how people keep the motivation up. i last for a week at most and then something upsets me so i get a load of junk food???

x
  • KitchenAbs
    Options
    Congratulations on the marriage!

Congratulations also on your amazing attitude. It took me a good couple of years before I came to where you are now, this is how you're going to win! Good luck :)
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Part of the weight loss process is breaking old habits, like using food to soothe or reward oneself or prioritizing others over oneself. I "let myself go" after I got married because I worried more about cooking elaborate meals for my husband than my health. Now, I cook healthy but still delicious meals, and we both win.

Good luck on your weight loss journey and congratulations on both your marriage and renewed commitment to getting healthy.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the wedding! You look fantastic in your profile pic and really happy too.

A similar thing happened to me - I got side tracked by the organising and planning and forgot about my diet. I've been married a year now and still battling with weight loss. Not long back from holidays and starting a fresh.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.

Mel x
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    failing is a part of life. you've finally come to the realization that you really want this. good. use your past experience to help fuel your new changes.
  • milu1f
    milu1f Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    U havent failed until you give up!
    Forgive urself and do better, I belive u can!
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    HS....keep asking yourself.......EACH TIME.......does the junk food work for ya----LONG TERM? Does it make you feel better? Does it make whatever upset you not as upsetting? Does it make whatever upset you not have happened? Will it prevent it from happening again?

My guess is the answer is no to every single question. That being said........

comeon now...jump on the bandwagon that is losing weight and changing / adopting / adapting a new life style with the rest of us. Will we all succeed? Probably not, but with support our chances increase dramatically.

.............so comeon whatcha waitin for
  • alyosn
    alyosn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the wedding :)

The thing about this site is if you fill the days in honestly then good or bad at least it's there in black and white what went right and what went wrong.

Don't worry about the past, you can't change it, you can only learn from it and move on, which is exactly what you are doing!

My venture into MFP isn't going as well has I might have hoped but I can see clearly why, but like you, I'm not going to quit, I'm her for the long haul

Feel free to add me to you Pal's if you like, we can help each other .... you will do great!

Love
    Aly x
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    woooooooooooooooooooooo now you get to be the hot wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    You're back, and no longer in denial. That's the opposite of failure.