Chicken brest ideas?

Options
head_in_rainbows
head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
Hi guys! I am looking for some good recipe for a chicken brest. It has to be diet friendly but also not spicy and cannot be fried or maked. I am on diet (who else isn't here!) and it comes with restrictions. This time I am also going to eat with my mother who for health resons can only eat cooked food and it cannot be too spicy. Any sugestions?

Replies

• mcedes02
    mcedes02 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    2 of my favs: Marinate in italian dressing (light or fat free) and bake or just bake w/some your fav seasonings and a little Mccormicks grill mates Mesquite. Simple yet tasty!!!
  • head_in_rainbows
    Options
    Thanks for a sugestion . I will certainly used it later but this time it cannot be baked. That's my problem. It has to be cooked :(
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Which way does it need to be cooked ?
  • head_in_rainbows
    Options
    I mean that it cannot be baked or fried or rosted or smoked. The only way my mom can it is by boailing (Boiling – Blanching – Braising – Coddling – steaming - Poaching – Pressure cooking – Simmering -Stewing and so on) :( I'm out of ideas :(
  • Nyranee
    Nyranee Posts: 57
    Options
    steamed chicken is not yummie and I am a big fan of steaming ... however if it needs to be steamed (not cooked in water) then I would work with herbs.

take chickenbreast put salt, pepper, majoran on both sides and steam it
    or
    take chickenbreast put salt, pepper, mint on both sides and steam it
    or
    take chickenbreast put salt, pepper, garlic on both sides and steam it with lemon slices on top
    or
    put it on a skewer chicken, bellpepper, onion, cicken, bellpepper, onion, chicken etc and put salt pepper on top and steam it
    or
    put it on a skewer chicken, bellpepper, onion, cicken, bellpepper, onion, chicken etc and put salt, pepper oregano on top and steam it

guess you get the idea ...

alternative grill all of the above

if you really want to cook it in liquid then make a vegetable fond and cook it in there
  • divalivious
    divalivious Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Spray baking dish with pam
    I roll breast in the pam then sprinkle with crack pepper (I have a grinder with a pepper, mince garlic, onion bits in it for seasoning)
    Put some shredded Gouda on top
    Cover with foil
    Toss in oven @ 350-375 for 30 mins
    For the last 5 mins will uncover so the cheese can bubble.
    Its super easy and yum
  • jazilee
    jazilee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    have one I had for dinner just tonight - is very friendly to the tummy and to being played with - and I noticed that you seem to only have "boiling" for a method of cooking.

what about an outdoor grill?

boiling takes out SO many nutrients from the food as well as the flavor -

you can get a vacuum sealer that has bags that will hold up to boiling water you can hold onto a lot more of that flavor and more of the nutrients.

like Nyranee sugests - herbs are friends - fresh ones pressed to the meat - or inside of -

cooking inside of a heat resistant pouch will allow you to use marinades & such while boiling.

head over to food network - look up the recipe for "ranch chicken sandwich" from Ree Drummond - the founder of Food Network - the marinade is wonderfully light in flavor - and it's low carb, low fat (as long as you don't use the cheese or bacon) and you can adjust the acid and heat in the recipe by how much honey, pepper flakes, and lemon juice you use. (less or more)

WITH the bacon (and I used extra thick, brown sugar cured bacon) & extra cheese it came out to 423 calories per serving - and I know thats wrong because it's really hard to input bulk items sometimes into the recipe program. (you have measurements for tablespoons & cups but the program has only grams & teaspoons) - I did some guessing there.

I could give you more recipes if I knew why you were limited to boiling for cooking method
  • Kittenkiss
    Kittenkiss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just came across this link at Cooking Light for 100 easy chicken recipes:
    http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/easy-chicken-recipes-00412000068136/

I haven't looked at them all but maybe you can find something there.

Apparently Eating Well also has some good chicken breast recipes:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/recipe_slideshows/boneless_chicken_breast_recipes
  • head_in_rainbows
    Options
    My mom has a neurological condition and part of the treatment includes strict diet and boiling is the only methode of cooking allowed. It does work for her and she does feel much better if she sticks to it but how many times can a person it chicken and broccoli/cuccini/squash/etc stew? That's why I asked for your help guys.

Do you have any good recipies for chicken/fish/meat that does not involve baking/frying/roasting ect and only boiling (Boiling – Blanching – Braising – Coddling – steaming - Poaching – Pressure cooking – Simmering -Stewing and so on)
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    steamed broccoli the chicken in whatever form you like and top those with spaghetti sauce
  • mdmcmillen
    mdmcmillen Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Make a chicken cordon blue!

Pound out a chicken breast until it's flat.
    Place sliced ham, and low fat swiss inside the chicken, then roll it up.
    Top with pre-made Stove Top Stuffing
    Bake in oven on 400 until it's cooked.

Enjoy :)
  • kk1964
    kk1964 Posts: 46
    Options
    I often put chicken breasts, chopped tomatoes, onions mushrooms, garlic and anything else you fancy in the slow cooker and let it cook for 4 - 6 hours then serve.. the meat is amazingly tender and full of the juices from the tomatos...
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    Hi guys! I am looking for some good recipe for a chicken brest. It has to be diet friendly but also not spicy and cannot be fried or maked. I am on diet (who else isn't here!) and it comes with restrictions. This time I am also going to eat with my mother who for health resons can only eat cooked food and it cannot be too spicy. Any sugestions?

I like all in one bowl meals. Here is my favorite. :)

chicken tenderloins cut into smaller chunks (4 to 6 oz per person)
    1/2 cup of cooked quinoa per person
    1 to 2 cups of spinach per person
    julienned carrots (1/2 cup per person)
    Laughing Cow Cheese

Spray pan with Pam. Cook the chicken in whatever spices you like. Add carrots for 1 min., then add quinoa until warm. Turn off burner, and add spinach just until wilted. Melt the laughing cow cheese into the mixture and serve.

You can put ANYTHING in this. Substitute rice for quinoa, pork for chicken, add avocado...whatever. Just have fun with it and suit it to your tastes. Good luck. :)
  • Looser5555
    Options
    bump
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast has a tendency to dry out when cooked, so I put mine in a brine for 3 hours and then grilled it.

It was something different and not a lot of effort.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I mean that it cannot be baked or fried or rosted or smoked. The only way my mom can it is by boailing (Boiling – Blanching – Braising – Coddling – steaming - Poaching – Pressure cooking – Simmering -Stewing and so on) :( I'm out of ideas :(

Okay, I didn't see these restrictions.

Disregard my grilling suggestion.
  • OliveCarsey
    Options
    Use the pressure cooker and lightly sprinkle some lemon pepper (not spicy my 8 yr old ASD son will eat it and he can't tolerate anything spicy) on it. I usually put mine in a foil pan with an inch of water, add the lemon pepper than cook on the grill- comes out moist and is so good, if using the grill method flip chicken every few minutes.
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    My favorite chicken right now:

Boneless skinless chicken breasts
    I packet of dry italian seasoning
    parmesan cheese
    garlic powder
    shredded cheese

mix the dry italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and shredded cheese together. Dip the chicken into the mix and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes :)

its has such good flavor. I usually cut the chicken breasts in half and dip them into the mix :)
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I cook my chicken breast in the oven but I put it in an oven bag, so it's like it's boiling in it's own juices.
    You could try that but add some water or spices to it.
    I usually have mine with with vegetables and a bit of homemade gravy. I make my gravy with beef stock cubes and water sometimes a bit of garlic or onion and mushrooms.