ladies, how do you curb your cravings during TOTM.

All i've done is crave/eat bread this morning (not good.) I should be getting my TOTM within the next couple of days, I dont usually crave bread but im wondering if thats why or if it could be due to something else? (not sure why someone would crave bread though.)

also, how do you curb your cravings during your TOTM?

Replies

• Every single day I've been on it I've let myself have one piece of dark chocolate. In the morning, actually, because I found that really help curb the cravings for the rest of the day. I also make sure (even more so than usual) that I am getting adequate protein so I feel very full. Also I drink water & tea like CRAZY to banish the bloat but it also really helps curb the cravings. I think you should try the chocolate though, it won't make or break your diet and it's a nice way to start the day :)

P.S. you might be craving bread because you're tired, try to up your protein intake a little and see if that helps. When I crave carbs I eat protein and it goes away.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    I just indulge and remember portion control.

OR, I refer to this chart:

35114072064715105_SeFnKHuc_c.jpg
  • artessa546
    artessa546 Posts: 22 Member
    Honestly I don't. If I want a 3 musketeer bar I'm going to have one. I am just going to workout extra hard to burn it off. I have found I stick better to losing weight and being healthy if I indulge. I used to eat 5 0r 6 in one sitting. If I eat 1 once a month, no big deal.
  • smkcx
    smkcx Posts: 69
    Every single day I've been on it I've let myself have one piece of dark chocolate. In the morning, actually, because I found that really help curb the cravings for the rest of the day. I also make sure (even more so than usual) that I am getting adequate protein so I feel very full. Also I drink water & tea like CRAZY to banish the bloat but it also really helps curb the cravings. I think you should try the chocolate though, it won't make or break your diet and it's a nice way to start the day :)

P.S. you might be craving bread because you're tired, try to up your protein intake a little and see if that helps. When I crave carbs I eat protein and it goes away.

I did only sleep 3hrs last night, that could be why. Ive decided to give up soda so I havent had caffiene in three days (ugh.) Definitely could be why I went way overboard with bread this morning =/ thanks!
  • smkcx
    I had to save the chart to my computer :P thanks!
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    I just don't keep much in the house that doesn't fit within my usual healthy lifestyle. If I can't stop thinking about eating a specific thing, I try to find a way to fit it into my calories in a limited amount.

For example, once in a blue moon I melt 1/2 or 1 oz of semi-sweet baker's chocolate and dip strawberries in it.

Or I buy a Skinny Cow ice cream of some sort.

Sweets and breads are definitely my thing!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    I don't. I give in and get my salty snacks as healthily as possibly - I like popcorn made on the stove with a bit of salt, and some chocolate. It's satisfying and I can keep it within my calories, so who cares? I find that if I try and push back the cravings, I eventually go crazy and just pig out so this works way better for be.
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Every time I get a craving, I drink a glass of water. If that doesn't cut it, I try stretching. If I can I just lace up and go for a run. If I'm not near the food, I can't eat it. :) By the time I get home, I'm to tired to move.
  • Every single day I've been on it I've let myself have one piece of dark chocolate. In the morning, actually, because I found that really help curb the cravings for the rest of the day. I also make sure (even more so than usual) that I am getting adequate protein so I feel very full. Also I drink water & tea like CRAZY to banish the bloat but it also really helps curb the cravings. I think you should try the chocolate though, it won't make or break your diet and it's a nice way to start the day :)

I did only sleep 3hrs last night, that could be why. Ive decided to give up soda so I havent had caffiene in three days (ugh.) Definitely could be why I went way overboard with bread this morning =/ thanks!
    Goodluck & feel better! Take a good nap today and when in doubt just get out of the house. Go for a long walk, it'll be hard to pig out when you're out there :)
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member

The red meat is so true for me.

I know it's just about time for my "monthly visit from aunt Mertle" when I start to CRAVE cheeseburgers. I mean nothing else will do. I usually pick something healthier like Bison or Elk, but the craving for red meat is almost insatiable. I also have chocolate and caffeine cravings. Same as others-I remember portion control. Plus keep in mind that the week leading up to your monthly visit you actually burn more calories...so having a little of whatever you are craving is ok.
  • EmmaLB1990
    EmmaLB1990 Posts: 45 Member
    Aww I know exactly how you feel, I've been unable to ignore biscuits and chocolate today so my day's been a bit of a failure :(

in general I try to think of the end goal and to try and keep busy instead of watching tv as that way I ca keep away from snacks, either that or try and do as much exercise as I can so that I can eat my exercise calories :)
  • smkcx
    Every single day I've been on it I've let myself have one piece of dark chocolate. In the morning, actually, because I found that really help curb the cravings for the rest of the day. I also make sure (even more so than usual) that I am getting adequate protein so I feel very full. Also I drink water & tea like CRAZY to banish the bloat but it also really helps curb the cravings. I think you should try the chocolate though, it won't make or break your diet and it's a nice way to start the day :)

Goodluck & feel better! Take a good nap today and when in doubt just get out of the house. Go for a long walk, it'll be hard to pig out when you're out there :)

I cant nap to my little one decides to nap and hes sadly, not interested in naps anymore lol I'm going to walk on the tredmill when my fiance gets in later on though b/c I went over my calories =/ mostly in bread.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    just had a chocolate eclair and a twix - i don't :(
  • smkcx

The red meat is so true for me.

I know it's just about time for my "monthly visit from aunt Mertle" when I start to CRAVE cheeseburgers. I mean nothing else will do. I usually pick something healthier like Bison or Elk, but the craving for red meat is almost insatiable. I also have chocolate and caffeine cravings. Same as others-I remember portion control. Plus keep in mind that the week leading up to your monthly visit you actually burn more calories...so having a little of whatever you are craving is ok.

oh yes, lets not even get into hamburgers o.O lets hope i'm burning extra calories, i've been good so far, but today i've not been so good lol :P
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    I wish I had the answer. I got mine yesterday and all I ate was junk. Some months I am better at controlling my cravings, but yesterday it all went out the window. I barely ate any real food and had too much junk. I'm feeling it today. I really need to learn discipline.
  • Bean615
    Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
    it really depends on the month! its always different but dark chocolate is always a good treat oh and oreos and chocolate chip cookies--hehe
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    I am usually powerless over TOM cravings. Not only the cravings but around that time I'm insatiable too. So not only do I crave lots of bread, I'm still hungry even after I indulge. Also, period pains are so bad that I can't even exercise to make up for the extra calories!

Yesterday was one of those days, and I'd only slept 3-4 hours the night before, which also makes me crave bad food. I tried to curb the cravings but the day ended up being a failure... At least it only lasts a few days!