When is best...

Options
Fozzi43
Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
To eat a protein bar? Before or after exercise? I got some maxi muscle Promax bars?

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Options
    Bump....
  • KateRepine
    KateRepine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I usually eat mine before my workout so I don't get dizzy in the morning, but if you are weight lifting, I believe it's best to have it afterwards, during your recovery period.
  • Welshie_girl
    Welshie_girl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    always had it after. If I worked out in the am I would go on empty stomach or if I was really hungry I would have some carbs... then had protein bar or high protein breakfast PM time I would have protein shake after exercising and ate more carbs during the day .
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    AlotOfSweatAndPain Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    After
  • devenssort12
    devenssort12 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Eat the bar after your workout.
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    Thank you, have done my HIIT and workout weightlifting top half..will have it now:smile:
  • Iceman1800
    Iceman1800 Posts: 476
    Options
    Eat it when you're hungry. Nutrient timing has been shown to be a myth. Just like the "anabolic window" that says you need a post workout shake within a set time after training. Myth.
  • tishajo
    tishajo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I would say after the workout. I had to attend a nutrition class after I failed my last PT test.:blushing: Anyway the nutritionist told me to eat protein after because too much protein before the workout will inhibit your body's use of carbs for that workout. She advised to eat carbs (like some fruit) an hour before and then a combo of carb/protein after.

Hope this helps.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Eat it when you're hungry. Nutrient timing has been shown to be a myth. Just like the "anabolic window" that says you need a post workout shake within a set time after training. Myth.

Assuming you're getting in adequate total protein intake throughout the day, ^^ do this.
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    I would say after the workout. I had to attend a nutrition class after I failed my last PT test.:blushing: Anyway the nutritionist told me to eat protein after because too much protein before the workout will inhibit your body's use of carbs for that workout. She advised to eat carbs (like some fruit) an hour before and then a combo of carb/protein after.

Hope this helps.

Yes that's brilliant.. Thank you :smile: