IBS?

Options
Has anyone got, or had these symptoms?

If so, how has it been affected since dieting? Have the symptoms died down, stayed the same etc..?

Replies

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I have it. Its can be triggered by stress but if I stick to paleo as much as possible the symptoms are less. I ate dairy on Sunday- Monday was not pretty. I ate 4 dark rye ryvita yersteday and was up all night with painful cramps. Hormones also play a big part in it for me. I haven't found any medication which really helps yet though.
  • Rhebee
    Rhebee Posts: 9
    Options
    Bread pasta garlic and dairy set mine off but I love food :laugh:
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Since I switched to Paleo, it has been doing much better.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    I get it. It's mostly yeasty foods that set me off, stress plays a huge part also. I can literally feel my tummy starting to cramp if I get stressed out about stuff.
  • sarahkayhoffman
    Options
    Diet has everything to do with your IBS. I have Colitis, but have healed myself with diet and lifestyle. I work with women to help do the same now. Here is a ton of articles I've written for women and the digestive system: http://www.sarahkayhoffman.com/tag/digestive/ Hope it helps someone:)
  • lmeola18
    lmeola18 Posts: 35
    Options
    I have IBS and my doctor recommended I go to a dietician. She's told me to cut Out the dairy, and anything with white flour. I can only eat 100% whole wheat. Also, to just eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruits, veggies, and protein. It has helped me a lot! I also take calm magnesium once a day. It's a powdery substance and I use 2 tsp every day, just follow the directions on the bottle.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I have IBS. I'm not certain what triggers it, but at this point it isn't bad enough for me to change my lifestyle.