Chronic pain? Read this. 6 months, 74 lbs. (with pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story, and no you didn't bore us with details! Very inspiring, thanks for sharing!
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    excellent weight loss and attitude/perspective - great transformation :)
  • yroma
    yroma Posts: 80
    Options
    Keep telling your story--it's a goody! Think how great you will feel after you quit smoking. Good luck to you.
  • stephcthomas
    stephcthomas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love hearing about the "other" side effects of losing weight and getting healthy. It is so great to hear that you are living a pain free life now! There isn't anything more motivating than that.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Congrats!
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Great story. Thanks for sharing.
  • alanpaulyoung
    Options
    Thanks for this - a great story. I packed up smoking almost 3 years ago. I'd tried in the past using patches, tablets, gum and willpower, but what helped me quit finally was a book called "Overcoming Your Smoking Habit" - here's a link to it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Overcoming-Smoking-Habit-David-Marks/dp/1845290674

It uses cognitive behavioural therapy techniques and whilst st forst glance they seem a bit like mumbo-jumbo, it definitely worked for me. When you do stop smoking you will feel great, smell great and save a small fortune!
  • susan1024
    susan1024 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss!! I smoked for almost 30 years and never thought I could stop. I tried hypnosis, patches, gum, and hospital stop-smoking classes. Nothing worked until I read Alan Carr's book, "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking." I highly recommend that you read it. I had minor success quitting over the years, but was always miserable and felt deprived and eventually went back. After reading the book (2 times) I finally quit smoking and have been a very happy nonsmoker for 10 years. The book really helps you understand the addiction.
  • txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss! I’m trying to follow in your steps.

Here is my take on nicotine addiction. --- You are going to go withdraw. It does not matter what you take to slow the withdraw or curb the suck... you have been an addict for a long time and if you want to quit, withdraw is part of the game.

I recommend quitting cold turkey. The physical withdraw symptoms will last about 3 to 4 days. After that it's just a head game. If you use a nicotine patch, pill, suppository... the withdraw symptoms will just be prolonged until you are clean.

Find someone you love and trust. Every day, first thing, promise them that you will not use nicotine in any form for just that one day. Repeat the next day. Tell them to beat the living $h1t out of you if you don't make that promise every morning for the next 6 months. If you fail one day, get up... dust yourself off, and make the promise again.
    Quitting like this gives you balls of steel. You become strong mentally… and physically, because your muscles have oxygen that make them grow. Then the last bit of belly fat and back fat will vanish and never return.
    That's what worked for me almost 10 months ago. Hope it helps.
  • vafeas
    vafeas Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job and dedication. Keep it up!
  • stephfranke
    stephfranke Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great job! I've only been at it for a few weeks, and have already noticed a change in how I feel. Looking forward to getting rid of the creaks!!! It's gonna be a slow journey, but a good one... took me all my life to get here, so it's gonna take time to get back and stay there. keep up the great work! Thanks for being an inspiration!
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the nice words. :)
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    what a great story -- congrats on all your success!
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading your story. You look so much younger and full of life. Great goal to quit smoking! :bigsmile:
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Dealing with Chronic pain and not wantint to end up completely disabled is what has driven my desire to change--it's a big motivator. It's wonderful to gain back control of your own body!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!