Amazed in Two in half weeks!

Options
dljochum
dljochum Posts: 27 Member
Well its been a little over two weeks and I have lost 6 pounds. I'm quiet surprised but definitely believe the next for weeks will be super chanllenging. While I have been able to keep my exercises up I still don't eat the healthiest. I hope I can get passed this mental block so I can progress as planned. If any one has any suggestions I would be welling to listen.

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    congrats on the 6 pounds as for eating it helps me by using the biggest loser cookbook and now my favorite hungry girl 200 under calorie cookbook ... and buys lots of fruit, veggies , lean meats ect ect ect ... good luck to you and again congrats on losing 6 pounds :wink:
  • Mandillynn
    Options
    I just weighed myself for the first time on Saturday. 6 lb weight loss. Why so much in one week on a 1600 calorie diet? Answer: Water weight loss. I'm sure maybe a pound of it is fat, but I was told that when you first start dieting... the first 10 lbs is water weight. I cut soda completely out of my diet. Why drink my calories away if it's not filling me up? lol I've been drinking a hell of a lot more water than I normally would. The only answer has to be water weight. Since you're almost to week 3... I'm sure you'll notice that the pounds will start to slow down and now, you'll be burning through your fat now. Don't forget to exercise to help you get faster results. :happy:

Congrats!!
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 6 lbs! Heck...if you can do that with just exercise, just imagine what will happen once you do start eating healthy! If I was you and since you're already losing, I'd just start to slowly add healthy food in so it's not so much of a shock. Like one week substitute water instead of pop or beer. Next week raise the bar again and add in more vegi's....the next week sub a hamburger meal in with ground turkey instead...etc....

oh...and if you haven't yet, I'd start using the food journal and keep track of what you are eating so you know what areas to work on.

Good luck and congrats!
  • MrsBlaze
    Options
    Good luck!! You can do it!! :flowerforyou:
  • dljochum
    Options
    Thanks for the incouragement! I think that is a good suggestion. I have already replaced the high calory drinks with water and tea. I def need to work on more veggies. LOL I will def post how that has helped in a couple weeks and maybe it will say 12 lbs lost.. yeah right!!! Good luck with your fitness plan and thanks again.!!
  • jacksonlady01
    jacksonlady01 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a suggestion that has helped me out A LOT! Since I do the majority of the cooking in my house, I found myself snacking while in the kitchen. I started getting fresh veggies and making dip with fat free sour cream and ranch dip dry mix. I have the veggie tray out on the counter while I am out there and I will automatically gravitate to the veggie tray as opposed to snacking on other things laying around that are less healthy.

Also, I try to have a nice salad at every dinner time meal. That gives me a healthier option when I want seconds.

My husband has been using these tools as well and is down over 20 lbs right now!

Good luck and you can certainly reach your weight loss goals!
  • dljochum
    Options
    Appreciate the ideas and look forward to trying some of these suggestions. I def initely will keep an open mind on eating habits since Im aware my current ones are so bad!!! Appreciate the incouragement.! Good luck to all of you.
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    Mandillynn, thats not always true.

Last year at 280, my first two weeks of diet/exercise (jan 2009) I lost 12 lbs, and it stayed off until this past christmas.

I'm working on losing weight again and my first week I've lost 10 lbs, some sure might be water weight.
    It could be pounds to like last year, not sure.
  • dljochum
    Options
    Good luck on 2010 diet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!