Is anybody out there?!?!

Options
I'm disgusted with me and really have no one to blame but myself. I am the heaviest I have EVER been without being pregnant. As a matter of fact, I've been asked more than once if I was. A couple of people, MEN, have commented on my weight, very bluntly. I feel so grossed out right now.

I'm going on 45 this month, am married to a wonderful MARATHON man, if you can imagine! He's the most optimisitic and encouraging person in my life but he cannot be my trainer, we've tried. We are not on the same level and I don't want to feel I am holding him back anymore.

Here's the thing, I want to lose at least 20-30lbs. I am at 160 and I know that might not seem alot to some, but I'm 4'10 1/2 so I'm really short and rounding. I need tips on everything. I vaguely remember my body before kids, when I was a size 3, now, I feel huge at 14-16. I have a couple of health issues that might not be helping but I am taking care of them at least.

Can anyone help? Iam on the east coast of Canada, in the maritimes. Willing to listen take any advice!

Anybody out there who can help?!!? Please?!

Replies

• witchyme
    witchyme Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    you can do this!! one day at a time! what part of the maritimes are you in? im in Nova Scotia! :O)
  • IrishMum221
    Options
    Do not overthink this process! You will have good days and bad. If you have a bad pick yourself up, shake it off and start again! Start slow with exercise, I know for me if I jump into a huge routine I am more likely to quit! Lastly, remember you ARE worth it! If you would like to be friends request me =)

Good Luck!
    Kellie =)
  • RainingBrooke
    Options
    I'm in New Brunswick, the capital city actually.
  • barmum
    barmum Posts: 73
    Options
    I would maybe suggest finding a different sport to him , it's great that you're happy together but honestly , sometimes absence really does make the heart grow fonder :wink: One of the things I have always enjoyed about having hobbies that the OH and my son aren't involved in is that it's time away from them and means I have something to come home and talk about . Then maybe when your fitness level is up then join in with the marathons (or :noway: depends how you feel at the time)
    Other than that little steps will add up to a lot , track what you're eating and see if theres any areas that could be a bit healthier and keep coming on here for support ?
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't live close to you, but I'll send you a friend request on here. I am in America. The state of Georgia to be exact, but I will try to help you stay motivated as long as you are logging on here everyday. :) I need people to keep me motivated as well. I, also, am the heaviest I've ever been without being pregnant, so I know how you feel. I'm not really dieting and exercising right now. I am just trying to get used to this website right now. I am trying to make it a habit to log my food and exercise everyday. When that becomes a habit, I will try a diet to help me lose weight. I am hypothyroid, so I understand how certain medical conditions can hinder your weight loss. It is so very difficult for me to lose any weight at all, but when I have it's been on a low carb diet. That works for me despite my condition. It's just a very hard diet to stick to. For some reason, when I am counting carbs, I crave bran... LOL! Well, I'll send you a friend request. You can do this! :) We are out here! :)
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    i noticed that you don't have any friends on here! sending you a friend request.
  • 1jlazymom
    1jlazymom Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and only 5 foot even and I weigh 192. First remember this is all about you and it can be done. Start with little changes. Eating more vegies, talking the stairs, cutting back on sugar, carbs and pop. Little walks with the kids a couple of times a day if that works with your schedule. Build it up from there. YOU CAN DO THIS. This is the best site I've found for support.:smile:
  • RainingBrooke
    Options
    Thanks Kellie! My husband is a marathon runner and he is sooo supportive, but I'm always feeling like I'm holding him back. He runs several times a week and what I wouldn't give to be able to walk as many times. Which I know I can, just need to find the motivation. I am deathly afraid of the health implications if I don't start doing something now. I am TERRIFIED of needles and diabetes is strong in my family genes so you can imagine how much I would like NOT to go on that route.

Do you have any hints on how much to start walking per day or how many times a week? How long should I wait after meals etc?
    Any help sure would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bonnie
  • RainingBrooke
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions barnmum. You're right, we do need different hobbies. He finds running relaxing, I find walking very relaxing. Luckily for us, our city has some great paved trails to walk/run on. My eating habits aren't too too bad, it's just portion control is a big thing. Somedays I think I have it down good and then one bad day comes along and POOF it seems its all out the window.
  • RainingBrooke
    Options
    emstethem thank you! The carb counter is a great help and I am not exercising as I probably should be either. Right now, I'm scouring the net for healthy food choice lists and exercises. I drink alot of water but unfortunately, 2+ large Tim Horton's triple triple coffees are a bad addiction right now. But I can quit them, I have before and replaced them with water. We buy water by the case loads and my hubby, my 2 teen girls and I all drink some through the day.
  • RainingBrooke
    Options
    2dayirun4me - thank you very much! I joined awhile ago, never got the motivation to do much else and have been browsing alot, today and yesterday. Thanks for your request.

1jlazymom - thank you! Cutting back on sugars will be a HUGE thing for me and will make a great difference. I gotta get rid of my TH triple triple coffee, this I know!!! I have almost completely given up my pop, use to drink 2 litres per day every day. WOW! I cannot believe that sometimes, because now I barely have a small juice glass filled once every month or even less.

Support means EVERYTHING! Thanks so much!!!!
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm also 4'10.5 - usually round up to 4'11 ;) And I officially started my journey at 160. I now weigh 118 and am looking to lose a bit more and tone up (though that implies I'll get my butt back to exercising).

You can absolutely do this! Sending you a friend request now!
  • RainingBrooke
    Options
    jlsAhava - WOW! That's awesome! How did you lose weight? Gradually? Food changes, can you share anything you think would help me please?