got too ripe bananas: what should I make with them?

Options
I was a little overzealous and bought a big bunch of bananas and couldn't eat them fast enough. Now I have 4 bananas left that are on the mushy side. What are some recipes for bananas so these don't go to waste? FYI: I like to eat bananas but I don't like chunks of banana in food.

Replies

• loveskinny27
    loveskinny27 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    low fat bannana cake if you message me i will inbox you the recipie
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Banana bread?
  • GrammyPammy145
    GrammyPammy145 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like to slice mine and place on foil in freezer. Then you can throw in a bag to store. If you blend up some frozen banana's with a little bit of milk, it's a nice little replacement for ice cream. Or you can throw them in smoothies!
  • meouch
    meouch Posts: 18
    Options
    I always use them in my hair with an avocado for a hair mask haha.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat chocolate chip banana bread. :-)

I use the Better Homes and Gardens recipe, but use all whole wheat flour, brown sugar, canola oil and add a cup of dark chocolate chips. It's always a huge hit. You can also add in some peanut butter or nuts if you like. I use two bananas per loaf.
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
    I freeze bananas... Peal, wrap in plastic film. They are great in smoothies, and a mock ice cream using a food processor, just add the flavorings you want and process and eat...
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas blended with chopped walnuts and almond milk is a very yummy ice cream sub!!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Do you make smoothies? Slice them into chunks, freeze them on a plate then toss them in a ziploc bag. You can also freeze them after peeling by wrapping them with plastic wrap and use them for banana bread, muffins, etc.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Freeze them then after they are frozen stick them in a blender for banana "ice cream'. Yumm.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    freeze em and make smoothies
  • Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Put some yogurt of any flavor in the blender and toss in a banana with it. If you have frozen strawberries add them, otherwise use crushed ice. Purée until smooth and you have a smoothie. I usually freeze my leftovers and microwave it a few seconds when I want it. I LOVE pineapple in it too, but be sure that you don't eat anything because you don't want to waste it. That will keep your weight on. If you can afford to throw it away, do it. Only eat it if you really want to eat it., and it satisfies hunger and a craving! Enjoy!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I saw a post on Facebook where they sliced bananas, added a little smear of peanut butter or nutella, layered another slice on top so they make little sandwiches, and freeze for a delicious frozen treat.

I tried it myself and it's really yummy, although right out of the freezer was a little too cold and I got brain freeze on the first bite. Once I let them thaw a bit, they were perfect.
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana sandwich.

I use 2 tbsp. PB2 (45 cal), 1 banana (100 cal) and 2 slice of Healthy Life wheat bread (70 cal). About 215 calories depending on the size of the banana.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has a too-die-for banana bread that is low fat, etc. and just as good as the full fat/sugar stuff. I always make banana bread or muffins when I get too much over ripe bananas!!
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    BANANA BREAD!!
    BANANA PUDDING!!
    :D
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I vote for banana bread--here is a modified and healthy recipe

Ingredients
    2 cups wheat flour
    3/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup agave nectar (or maple syrup or honey)
    1/2 cup apple sauce
    2 tbsp butter, softened (or canola oil)
    2 large eggs
    1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
    1 6oz container plain greek yogurt or honey greek yogurt
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Cooking spray

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.
    Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
    Place applesauce, agave, and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Spoon batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.

**you can add nuts to increase the healthy fats, chocolate chips for added sweetness, or something else.
  • snapdoodle1
    Options
    i have some also..im thinking banana nut bread..
  • loveskinny27
    loveskinny27 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas blended with chopped walnuts and almond milk is a very yummy ice cream sub!!!

mmmmm this sounds yummy will be trying this later as I have 3 bags of frozen bananas :)
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I always freeze them for smoothies! Or you could bake some banana bread for the neighbors!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm I may try this!

mmmmm this sounds yummy will be trying this later as I have 3 bags of frozen bananas :)