2nd shifters?

Options
I work the second shift (3-11) in an alzheimers ward. And though I am supposed to have two fifteen minute and one half hour break, I never eat because When I do I always feel like I get slowed down/bloated/tired. So I usually wait until I get home at about midnight to eat my dinner. I sleep for about seven hours, or however long my 18 month old let's me lol. Breakfast I usually just have a piece of fruit (apple, banana, pear). Then do 30DS. Take a shower and give my daughter a bath. Then I take an hour or two nap and by 130 I'm on my way to work. I know I'm not eating enough but I'm just not sure how to change what I do without ruining the energy I try to save for work.

Anybody else on a 3-11 or evening shift - what does your day look like and how do you have energy for work?

Replies

• amaluza
    amaluza Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Shelly,

Know how you feel.
    I am on a split shift. Up at 6, I go out at 7.15 so i don`t feel like breakfast that early.
    Back in at 12.30. have soup or a filled roll and loads of water. Out again 3.15 until 8.15 , by then
    I`m starving. If the kids have eaten what i left them then i can be good but if i have to make 4
    dinners at 8.30, i am too tired to calorie count . I try to drink 2 litres of water but i am out and about and
    don`t always like to ask to use peoples toilets when i`m in their house, doing homecare.
    In bed by 10 and up at toilet( water again) at 1. Always tired and have stopped losing so very down although i have done well
    so far...No easy answer. Daughter tells me to exercise more but i don`t enjoy exercise.
    haven`t found anything i can afford that ican enjoy.