Anyone around 160lbs?

Options
I'm 5'4 and wondering who else out there is around my weight and is trying to lose 20-30lbs. It would be nice to have some friends with similar frustrations. Not TOO much to lose but enough to have to put in some real work.

I started at 170lbs and I'm stuck around 160... for almost a month now :( SO FRUSTRATING!!!

Replies

• missgillen
    missgillen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and sitting at 189.
  • Ashers83
    Ashers83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request- I think it's great to have friends on here with similar stats. I'm getting bored with my food and love to get new ideas!!
  • Carol_123
    Carol_123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am around 168 I think at 5'4" but I used to weigh 123lbs. I joined MFP awhile ago but am just restarting it. I was feeling overwhelmed with the amount of weight I need to lose cause like you said, it's enough to require some real work and real patience and was just mad at myself for letting it get this far when it's going to take awhile to reverse. I would also love to meet more people with around the same amount of weight to lose.

Carol
  • Ashers83
    Options
    I used to sit comfotably in the 140s and have been as small as 110lbs. This past year I put on a lot of weight and it seemed hopeless but I'm plugging along!!! I can't weight to get out of the 160s again!!! I can't seem to break that barrier.
  • Ashers83
    Options
    Anyone else out there???
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm around 155 and 5'2". I've been stuck at this weight for about 2 months. It's my own fault for not giving it my all, but it's still frustrating. I really, really want to lose more weight, but I can't seem to get up the motivation like I have in the past. I'd love some more friends in my situation so we can push each other further.
  • TrishRyan
    TrishRyan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and started at 185 lbs. I am currently at 138 lbs and would like to get down to 115 lbs so I have 23 lbs to go. Not quite the same but feel free to add me :) Trust me I've been through it all... I know what everyone is going through...
  • akgordoa
    akgordoa Posts: 55
    Options
    5'2" started at 160 before I joined mfp. I'm stuck at 150 now. :( so frustrating, its like the baby weight will never go away.
  • pag41989
    pag41989 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2" and started at 172.. I am now at 157 and seem to be stuck in that same area :/
  • lcphipps
    lcphipps Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm 5'3'' and 160.3 pounds now. I started at 204. I noted the 0.3 extra pounds because that is how slowly I seem to be losing now. several tenths of a point at a time. SOOOO frustrating. My goal is 135 . I know I have to up my efforts to keep losing the weight, but I seem to struggle with motivation. I need some support and help.
  • Ashers83
    Options
    Being stuck is SOOO frustrating!! Do I up my calories? Do I lower them? Do I work out more or less? Do I change the type of food I'm eating? There is so much information coming from every direction, it becomes too much. I'm finding seeing friend updates on my feed is just a nice way to keep motivated :)
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 3in and CW is 156. I started at 183 on MFP. My heaviest was last December at 189. I have been around 162-159 since about May. The weight has just started coming off again in the last 3 weeks. I try and run every other day depending on my schedule. I want to run in a 5K this October. Add me if you like.
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Im 5'4 162 pds.. I started at 164 which is a high weight for me! I always was around 154-155 before i got pregnant and after i went back down to that weight but my bodys holding onto the baby belly and love handles!! If you are stuck at a weight try uping your calorie intake a little bit! I was eating 1300 and doing cardio 5 days a wk and didnt lose a pound until i uped my calories to 1600 and then i started to lose!
  • mrsday83
    Options
    Funny you should ask! Yes!!! I am 5'5 and at 156 now (started at 158). I have always struggled with my weight. At my heaviest I was 175. I lived low carb for two years- I lost 40 lbs and did well maintaining. Then I got season tickets to UGA football and the beer and yummy tailgate food did me in. I went back up to around 148 or so which was fine but then I began creeping back into the 150s and settled around 157. I low carbed it again before my wedding and was at a comfortable 143 when we were hitched in 2008. Since then, I have battled this up and down of 10 to 15 lbs. It is so frustrating. I know everyone's body chemistry is different and responds to foods differently but really? Why do I feel like I have to cut entire food groups to get into the 140s??? I could take or leave the bread and pasta but to feel guilty for eating my fruit?!? Big problem for me! So I am super pumped about MFP and being able to eat regular foods, in moderation, and (hopefully) lose. I would love to keep up with you and your progress and enjoy the support system! Good luck in your journey. Good to see I am not the only one with this weightloss stalemate issue!
  • hellokitty41489
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently 162lbs and started at 207; I too feel like I've been stuck in the 160's FOREVER lol. Feel free to add me :)
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 167lbs and been stuck for about 6 weeks now! I'm 5'7 and I would like to reach 140-145lbs, so got about 20-25lbs to lose.

I started at 175lbs at the beginning of June, lost 6lbs in the first 4 weeks and been creeping down slowly ever since! that's nearly 8 weeks now, having only lost 2 lbs over the whole time :( frustrating to say the least!!

Feel free to add me!
  • Shrinking_Stacey
    Options
    5'4", 165 here! Those last 20-30 lbs can be a real *****! I'm stuck too, been almost 6 weeks since any real scale movement. Frustrating.... :explode: :sad: :grumble:
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5", 163 lbs. I am trying to get to 140, but it seems like I am just spinning my wheels, so I can relate. I work out, keep my calories in the corret range and am lucky if I can lose a pound every 2 weeks.
    I started MFP at about 185 but had already lost probably 10 pounds.
    Feel free to add me.
  • ArguingVitality
    Options
    I started off at about 171lbs, now about 162lbs. I'm hoping to get down to 140! But I'm a bit taller, just under 5'7" so I wouldn't want to lose more than that!
  • lilmellie
    Options
    Hi. I'm 4'11 and at 176, I was at 189. My goal is to be 130 or 120. Its taking a long time for me because my weight goes up and down.:grumble: