Have a treat; you earned it!

Options
What do you use as a treat for when you reach a goal/fancy something to indulge yourself in every once in a while? In my family, it's always been a case of naughty food being used as a treat (nothing necessarily wrong with that if you can control it). I'd like to get away from using food as a treat though and as I was lying in the bath this morning using the new bath bombs I had for my birthday, I thought how wonderful it was after my 5 mile run. Maybe I'll start using the bath as a treat instead!

What do you use as your motivational rewards and treats?

Replies

• dr3wman
    dr3wman Posts: 205
    Options
    Beer and a trip to Olive Garden!
  • phillieschic
    Options
    A manicure and a pedicure.
    Always. :heart:
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    An iPad - 9lbs to go!
  • Lifechangin
    Options
    I just read a motivational tip (on MFP!) : "Don't reward yourself with food. You are not a dog" which I loved. Why would we fight to lose our weight only to say, "Well done me, here, have a bar of chocolate!"?

For me, it's a new book. Books are my "thing" and the thought of a shiny new one and a quiet few hours (not easy with twins!) is enough to keep me on the straight and narrow!
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    massage and new clothes
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    certain article of clothing, shoes, mani & Pedis, and day trips
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    New clothes, new running shoes, new workout gear...
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Under armour/workout gear/camping gear/biking stuff/new clothes/a movie night/anything that is not food-related.
  • Robinsond61
    Options
    Extra beer
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for new clothes. But it's always an issue when you have no money... So it's whenever I can afford something to treat myself.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have no rewards set (right now) for when I reach my mini-goal this time. But when I get down to 117 (hopefully by september) I'll allow a glass of wine or beer after I move across the country.
  • cwelch2677
    cwelch2677 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm having this same delima. I have never been under 200lbs as an adult and I only have 9lbs until I get there. I feel I should do something for myself, but I can't imagine what :(
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    cloths and massages
  • Emily_fitat30
    Emily_fitat30 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I save every week the money I would be spending going to a slimlming club, I put it away in what used to be the biscuit barrel! This money will be to treat myself with new clothes, pampering & healthy family activities!
    Trying to get out of the habit of seeing sweet things as a reward!
  • hannahjaques
    hannahjaques Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    An iPad - 9lbs to go!

Awesome!

I'm liking the sound of the manicures and pedicures :glasses: I might have to get in on those for the bigger 'treats'.
    I just read a motivational tip (on MFP!) : "Don't reward yourself with food. You are not a dog" which I loved. Why would we fight to lose our weight only to say, "Well done me, here, have a bar of chocolate!"?

:heart: this!
  • kbirdwell08
    kbirdwell08 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Usually something to help improve my body... getting something new done to my hair or a body wrap! For those who havent tried a body wrap before, you should! They feel amazing and you lose inches off your body in just one appointment! I love body wraps!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Nothing particularly, this is my Life now, nothing to be rewarded about ^^
  • hannahjaques
    Options
    I save every week the money I would be spending going to a slimlming club, I put it away in what used to be the biscuit barrel! This money will be to treat myself with new clothes, pampering & healthy family activities!
    Trying to get out of the habit of seeing sweet things as a reward!

I'm hoping to do the same. It's so hard to get out of my head that sweet things are the 'treats' I should have. I might start up my own biscuit barrel though! That's an excellent idea!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    massage and new clothes

I love the massage idea! I'm going to start doing that, too!
  • hannahjaques
    Options
    Usually something to help improve my body... getting something new done to my hair or a body wrap! For those who havent tried a body wrap before, you should! They feel amazing and you lose inches off your body in just one appointment! I love body wraps!

How long do body wraps last for? I've heard people praise them before but never given it a go myself.
    Nothing particularly, this is my Life now, nothing to be rewarded about ^^

I REALLY hope I can sustain this mentality one day.