BOOBS VS BELLY

Options
fluffyfeathers
fluffyfeathers Posts: 47 Member
Sooo ....I have the opportunity to have some plastic surgery.....I have very large boobs and have pains and grooves as a result and could have a reduction.....or.....I could have a tummy tuck but would have to fend off 2 little offspring during recovery....

ps this is not my cure all.......i will continue to use MFP and work out

Replies

• Cherrybomb2012
    Options
    Get the boobs fixed! Proper nutrtition and consistence exercise will help with the belly... and who honestly wants pain?? not you!
  • Iceman1800
    Iceman1800 Posts: 476
    Options
    I'm against any reduction in boob size :) having said that, I would look into the safety factors of both. I've heard horror stories about tummy tucks. Maybe you should send me some topless pics to help me give better advice. ;) but seriously, research the safety factors
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Well neither one is a good surgery. Breasts just don't look the same after a reduction. They look floppy and deflated and if you gain weight you'll still gain in the boobs.

With regards to a tummy tuck while the name sounds really cute it's far from a "cute" surgery. They basically rip you open, pull out a hunk of skin, force the remaining pieces over the gaping hole and sew you up. While you'll have a flatter stomach you'll also have a wicked scar that runs from hip to hip.

Do your research on each because there are HUGE risks involved. Interview doctors, find out who has had whatever surgery you're thinking of getting and interview them. Have them show you the before and afters.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'd do neither until you are at goal weight. Save the money and go somewhere fabulous after you've achieved your goal. More than likely once you get the weight off you'll want different changes, then reassess.
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'd do neither until you are at goal weight. Save the money and go somewhere fabulous after you've achieved your goal. More than likely once you get the weight off you'll want different changes, then reassess.

Agreed
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Agreed

Absolutely agree!
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

Agreed

Absolutely agree!

Ditto. Wait it out, then if you're still unhappy, go with the breast reduction. It'll save you back problems later in life.
  • fluffyfeathers
    fluffyfeathers Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    thanks for the input...i have researched this and i am in the medical field so i do understand what this entails... having said that the boob reduction was so i could try running
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    thanks for the input...i have researched this and i am in the medical field so i do understand what this entails... having said that the boob reduction was so i could try running

"Trying" running is not a good enough reason to undergo major surgery for a breast reduction. What if you don't like it? They make sports bras for those with big chests. It's not that hard to keep the girls in place. However, from a medical standpoint, if you're having health complications due to breast size, then that seems like a better reason to consider surgery.
  • stephendamour
    Options
    I'll be honest, i am against having unecessary surgery. If your doctor deems that the surgery on your boobs is absolutely necessary than thats one thing, but as a rule I think that having surgery should be a last resort, for any reason.

Im not just saying that because i am a guy and a boob lover.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Well I am incredibly vain so I would go with the tummy tuck first.... unless the girls are having from issues defying gravity... and in that case I might go with the reduction. Spend the extra money to get a really good surgeon and take the time to shop around and that should take care of any aesthetic differences.

But then again this is coming from someone who wants a tummy tuck, breast augmentation and possible thigh lift. I have also been told by my doctors that my skin has no elasticity left and my only option will be surgery sooooo take what I have to say with a grain of salt. I just couldn't imagine putting in a whole bunch of work to be my ideal weight and STILL hate the way that I look.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I realize you are in the medical field, but having breast surgery so you can "try" a sport, not logical. My mom had hers done at 40, went from a DDD to a C, and in 10 years was back to a DDD because she gained weight. She regrets the surgery, felt it left her with unnecessary scars and her boobs were never the same again. It takes months to fully recover and they may not be the way you want them at the end.

Invest $100 in a GOOD sports bra and go out and run. Save the surgery money for a rainy day...
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight for the tummy, but it's hard to lose that much boobie! If you get a reduction it might save you a long hard rode of back pain and other medical conditions.