Just Joined today, 30 year old female, feeling positive!

Options
Hey everyone,

Had a rough couple of years with my health, had Ulcerative Colitis since my teens but it worsened over the past few years so I had surgery to remove my large intestine, this meant having an illeostomy for a year. Had this reversed in February and have steadilly put on weight since then......thanks to celebrating and an All Inclusive holiday, think my body has been storing up since I had been ill for so long (either that or the fact that I ate like food was going to run out...everywhere) :embarassed:

I can't believe I never knew about this website and feel so positive that I can reach my goal through here. I was to lose approx 2 stone in time for Christmas and start to feel good about myself again. Would love to meet some friends on here to help keep me motivated and also to help others keep motivated too, so feel free to sen me a little message and add me :)

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.... I am 30 years old as well, have been here for a little over a year, but made my lifestyle change in january of 2011 at the age of 28..... I've lost almost 115lbs since then, and become a gym rat. I'm doing my second 10k on October 14th, and am currently training for a half marathon! :) Also, I have a food blog - marysforkandspoon.blogspot.com
  • akdoxrud
    akdoxrud Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm 31. Feel free to add me too. Good luck!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Awesome- keep that positive feeling with you! Remember, the first couple weeks are the hardest, but once you get past them- it becomes much easier!! You can do this!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am a 32 year old who joined in April 2011.
    If you want to add me feel free :)
  • hayley9914
    hayley9914 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Good luck with your journey!
    Feel free to add me for support! x
  • rachgolds
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!
  • certifiedsooner
    certifiedsooner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me.
  • jpipes17
    jpipes17 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 and just joined last month. I'm still trying to figure out a program/schedule that works out for me and my family. Feel free to add me.
  • amberiam
    amberiam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 and feeling positive! Feel free to add me also =)
  • sillab
    sillab Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is awesome and I get a lot of positive encouragement, the more the merrier. Everyone is welcome to add me as well :happy:
  • Mhairih30
    Mhairih30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, Thanks for you messages of encouragement, I will definately add you all and look forward to getting to know everyone as the weeks go on. I can't believe what a difference it makes when you have to note everything that you have eaten in a day, its really makes you think before eating anything, who knew?? :D Can't wait (no pun intended) until my first weigh in next Tues!! Good luck to all of you aswell xx
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.... I am 30 years old as well, have been here for a little over a year, but made my lifestyle change in january of 2011 at the age of 28..... I've lost almost 115lbs since then, and become a gym rat. I'm doing my second 10k on October 14th, and am currently training for a half marathon! :) Also, I have a food blog - marysforkandspoon.blogspot.com

Mary is one of the best pals to have! She has some great recipes!
  • kpollard112087
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined yesterday as well. Feel free to add me =)
  • zestyzaftig
    zestyzaftig Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll be 30 in October. I have Crohn's Disease, so I totally "get" the issue of the challenge posed by UC while trying to lose weight.

I joined here a while back, but just started the program yesterday. I'd love to have you as a buddy! :-)