Jamie Eason or Body for Life Challenge

Options
Hey fellow MFPers! I was interested in trying out a new program once my half marathon training ends. I am interested in losing about 10 more pounds and get lean and toned. Has anyone have experience with these two programs? Would you suggest one over the other and why? Thank you!!

Replies

• kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I did a home adaption of Jamie Eason's Live Fit for Phase 1 and Phase 2. I didn't do Phase 3 because I don't have an event to prep for and wanted to continue with strength building instead of dropping weight fast. I liked the first 2 phases, and I like my strength increases. I also dropped significant body fat without dropping much weight. The workouts are really long, though. The one benefit that I got from doing it at home with free weights was that I did far more compound work than the original gym program called for, so my core strength increased a lot. I also really liked the cardio break in Phase 1, and I saw good visual results from focusing just on weights.

I haven't done BFL, so I can't compare the two. I did just start Lee Labrada's Lean Body Challenge that I'm liking so far. The workouts are much shorter, though he doesn't give rest days (the rest days are 30 min interval cardio days). I'm either doing cardio on weight days or only doing 3 sessions a week rather than 4 so I can have 1 or 2 true rest days a week to walk or do yoga or do nothing. So far, I like the program, and doing shorter workouts has me really focusing on form and pushing myself to increase the weight.