How to eat more

Options
It was suggested to me to eat MORE to try to bust out of my plateau. My question is, how do I eat more if I am not hungry? What kind of foods can I incorporate? I am guessing higher fat foods? Avocados, almonds, macadamia nuts? Red meat? I do eat low carb, so no pasta, breads, potatoes. I eat 3 meals with 2 snacks on most days and am full, so I'm not sure how to up my calories when I already eat what I feel like keeps my body satisfied. Just want some ideas...

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Don't eat if you're not hungry. No, seriously.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options

argh. Not good advice.

To the OP, yes. Add normal fat foods, like full fat dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt) ....peanut butter, avocado, put some coconut oil in your coffee. These are high nutrition, high calorie foods that your body needs. Oils and fats are necessary.
  • missattitude57
    Options
    I think you listed some really good choices there! I would also add chocolate milk to the list. I try not to drink my calories but if you want to try adding some extra that might be a good way. Plus its tasty and has some protein. I'm not sure what you're already doing, but full fat condiments might help too. I like to make a taco salad with sour cream, guacamole and salsa as my 'dressing' with some shredded cheese on top.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Just eat more calorie dense foods. Nuts, dried fruit, nut butters, avocado, etc.
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Thanks, coconut oil in coffee sounds great. I've heard of lots of people doing that, but have never tried it. I'll also try the taco salad tonight :) Thanks! All great suggestions!
  • lcallbaugh
    Options
    Not sure what you are eating now or how many calories. You can add things like almonds for good fats and simply increase the serving size of meat at a meal. For example a 6 oz chix breast instead of 4oz. Don't just blindly increase calories. Check these out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

eatmore2weighless.com

They are great resources.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

argh. Not good advice.

To the OP, yes. Add normal fat foods, like full fat dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt) ....peanut butter, avocado, put some coconut oil in your coffee. These are high nutrition, high calorie foods that your body needs. Oils and fats are necessary.

It's fantastic advice. No, really it is.