NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Options
NEVER let a physical limitation or fear of something new keep you from trying something!! I just completed a 30 minute, high intensity kickboxing class...WHAAA?!?!? Yep....with 3 vertebrae fused in my neck and four vertebrae fused in my lower back. I am the quintessential bionic woman. I thought, "I can't do this, it will kick my butt!" And it did, but in a good way!!! I DID IT!!! Because I refuse to let my physical limitations define me....you can do the same. You never know if you can or can't do something unless you try. Go ahead...take that first step...I did. :happy:

Replies

• stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    good for you!!!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    That is quite amazing....so impressive
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    Very inspiring story - you are awesome!! Thank YOU!:flowerforyou:
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You ROCK! Awesome work Girl!!! :drinker:
  • ktennesseefan
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie!!!! Best of luck in your journey!!
  • ktennesseefan
    Options
    LOL...thanks Ms. Warrior!!! Good luck to you as well!!
  • ouimouton
    ouimouton Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Cheers to you!:drinker:
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    my story is semi-similair to yours, i have more medical problems then i can list LOL however i also do kickboxing class and at home boxing. i also swim about 2-5 miles a week and competitvely swim baout once a month :) WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!! my physical limitations do not define me as a person. you are amazing, and quite an inspiration . . . . . thats all there is to it
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the inspiration! : D
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You rock. That is all.
  • Paul_Hodge
    Options
    This is so true. Never let something intimidate you into not trying it. I hadn't run 2 miles since I got out of the Army in 2001. All the eliptical machines were taken a few days ago so I went to my old nemesis, the treadmill. I didn't think I'd last 10 minutes. Well, I did. In fact, I lasted 30 minutes at 4.5MPH and managed to run 2.25 miles. I couldn't hardly believe it. I don't have any physical limitations, just mental hangups that I'm working on. Nice job to you ktenesseefan.
  • noturninback
    noturninback Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    way 2 go!! thanks 4 the inspiration!! keep up the hard work!!
  • agriffiths73
    agriffiths73 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    See - I said you were an inspiration and you are!!!!!

How many times have you heard people say 'I wish I'd.......' instead of 'I'm glad I....'

I bet you are the envy of your unfused friends with the amazing things you can do, and that you'll never let anything beat you - that's real spirit!
  • ktennesseefan
    Options
    Come on girl....you are awesome too...we all are...just have different stories!!
  • ktennesseefan
    Options
    WOW!!! I would have flown off the back of the treadmill lol!!! Great job!!! That is my nemesis as well and always will be...the constant pounding sends shock waves through my back and I just cant ( not right now anyway ) handle it. Thanks for the kudos...kudos to you as well my friend!
  • ktennesseefan
    Options
    NAHHHH///to them Im just Kirsten, the anal, ocd hard head who micro-manages everything! lol You know, it's the trainer in me. The desire to push, not only myself but others because my strength, my happiness is seeing others achieve what they never thought they could. :smile: