1 Year with MFP!

Options
DeeDeeLHF
DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
Well, tomorrow starts a new year with MFP. I have officially been here for 1 full year.

My progress:
Lost 31 pounds . SW 163 Current 132

I have lost many inches!

Size 14 pants to a size 6.:blushing:

In the beginning I would swim 1 lap and have to rest or drown, now I can swim for 20 minutes straight.

I would go to the YMCA and feel conspicuous but now they all know me.:glasses:

I could not do even one push up and now I can do 15 (hey, I know that isn't amazing but for me it is good!)

My knees used to hurt all the time and I took ibuprofen at least 8 times per week, now I almost never take it.

I now PLAY with my kids! I used to be the parent who sat at the picnic table reading a book:brokenheart: but now I am roller blading, swinging, sliding, biking, hiking, sledding, ice-skating, swimming, playing tennis, soccer, etc!! :bigsmile:

I am not a fast loser but I am a determined one!:smokin:

I did this and YOU CAN TOO!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• minus10
    minus10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!
  • phollywood8785
    Options
    Congrats on your 1 year!!! Hope i can stick to it!!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing DeeDee, you're a great inspiration!
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    Nice! It's all about persistence and not perfection. You rock!
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congrats on one year with MFP and your weight loss!:flowerforyou:

As for being a slow weight loser...I think that's the best way. It means you're making lifestyle changes you can live with and you're more apt to keep this weight off for good. That's what we want anyway, weight gone forever, not weight gone fast and for awhile.:smile:
  • zeala
    zeala Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    awesome! Keep going. And I wish I could do even 5 pushups again.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I have also been here a year as of the 1st.
  • rosalie_g
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Very inspirational, thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congratulations..you rock...being a slow loser has gotten you the prize, be proud of your achievment..:flowerforyou:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I know my accomplishment is not as dramatic as some but I am really pleased. I also realize it will take me this entire next year to get to my goal weight which is why I need to rejoice a bit today!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 1 year! You are doing awesome! :smile:
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    DeeDee, great job!! :flowerforyou:
    You should be so proud, it is hard to stick with a program, especially when things happen slow and seems it is extra hard...but nothing good is ever easy right?!:flowerforyou: :wink: :flowerforyou:
    A size 6 pant...you go girl, I don't know if I'll ever see that size, but you inspire me!
    I hope you reach your future goals!!! Keep up the great job!
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! We have similar numbers.and your showing me this can be done!
    :smile:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    Options
    You are an inspiration! We have similar numbers.and your showing me this can be done!
    :smile:

Really, you can do this!!! Best of luck!!
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I now PLAY with my kids! I used to be the parent who sat at the picnic table reading a book:brokenheart: but now I am roller blading, swinging, sliding, biking, hiking, sledding, ice-skating, swimming, playing tennis, soccer, etc!! :bigsmile:

My favorite part! Congratulations!!!
  • andiharvey
    Options
    That is awesome!! Congrats!
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are a wonderful role model for your kids. No matter how often we tell kids to do what I say, not what I do they usually do as we do. Hopefully you've set them on a healthy, fit course for life! Way to go!
  • The_BoSS
    Options
    congrats!!
  • turtle31
    turtle31 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You look awesom! You have given have really given me the boost i needed today. Thanks for posting.
    I'm a size 14-16 .
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    Oh woww!! Your starting stats are almost exactly the same as mine! I hope I can make this much progress in a year! GOOD JOB!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!