Anyone quit before and returning now?? I am!!

Options
Hey all!

I started MFP about 7 months ago, I lost almost 16 pounds that first month... and then quickly fell off the wagon and gained it all back and more.

2 1/2 months away from my wedding day I was the heaviest I have ever been in my life, topping out at 239 pounds.

I started a weight loss program with my doctor about 5 days ago and have been busting my butt to eat healthy and drink more water. I have since lost 4 pounds in those 5 days and am ready to take back my life. I see so many of these success stories and I want to be one of them!!

I graduate college in one less than a year. I want to graduate college, buy our first house, and start having children (when we're ready), I want to do all of these things HEALTHY!!! I want to be able to have children, healthy!

If you have tried to lose weight and are getting back on the wagon, I just want to say that YOU CAN DO IT!!! Don't be ashamed. We are all human. We are fallible. But just get back on that wagon. Recommit!!

If you need support, let's give each other support! Let's tell each other our troubles. Let's celebrate each others success!!! Let's do this!! :)

Replies

• lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Yes! Wish I hadn't, cause I had less than half of the weight to lose then :(
  • JackShow70
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I was on for about 6 months last year and lost 28lbs. Re-started last week after gaining about 20 of it back.
  • misao1994
    Options
    Welcome back! I think all of us have fallen off the wagon at least once! I sure know I did. I joined in January and quit in February. So, this is also my second time around!(:
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yep, this is a horrible reality for me as well. :sad: :sad: :sad: I started back yesterday. I lost over 30 pounds using MFP almost two years ago and then fell off on the tracking and such. Now I am back with a vengenance because I gained it all back and then some. I now have to accept this will be a way of life and I will keep at it this time. I will send a friend request. Welcome back. :happy:
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i was at 50lbs gone last yr, then got hurt in soccer and slowly started to gain, ive gained 20 something back that i lost, just now starting to get back on track, i love MFP, lets do this!
  • jessababy22
    Options
    Something a lot of people have said to me on here when I started my own restart is to remember the valuable lessons you learn when you have to start all over. I feel that every day I don't fall into one of my old habits, I have won in some way! Just take it a day at a time and make all the smartest decisions you can make in that day!

Best of luck and feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • Thelma6658
    Options
    I left and now i am back and determined to try and lose these extra pounds. i have joined a gym and i am setting small goals for myself. I was ashamed of myself but i am now realizing that i am the only one who can change things so i am going to suck it up and try again ...this time with success!!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon and am trying to get back on again! Five years ago I lost 25 pounds and was in great shape...it's all come back though. We can do it you guys! Let's all get healthy together!
  • amyadell
    amyadell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know... This WORKS! We've all seen it with our own eyes! So, why... Oh why... Do we ever quit??????? Silly us!
  • SBlost
    SBlost Posts: 90
    Options
    Great post!! I was on here in January and quit after 2 months, I lost 10 lbs but now I am back and I have lost another 10 lbs. Feel free to add me. I am always looking for more friends.
  • Lauren_Ellison
    Options
    I know we can ALL do this! We want it, it's obvious since we are back again! I'm ready and am so excited to see so many people who are in the same place as myself!

We can be healthy! We just have to do it!! :) Good luck to everyone! And welcome back! :)
  • SBlost
    SBlost Posts: 90
    Options
    I left and now i am back and determined to try and lose these extra pounds. i have joined a gym and i am setting small goals for myself. I was ashamed of myself but i am now realizing that i am the only one who can change things so i am going to suck it up and try again ...this time with success!!

thats the right attitude!! :)
  • hollyinPR
    hollyinPR Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Like many other stories shared here, I joined MFP about a year ago, quickly lost 15 pounds....fell off the wagon of exercising/eating right and tracking and quickly gained back those 15 pounds and 5 more. Inspired by my dad who has stayed committed and has lost over 50 pounds, I started my own personal 90 day challenge and am currently on Day 22. I've been logging in every day and though there have been a few inconsistent days here and there, I've already almost lost the 15 pounds again! I have several more to lose, so I plan for there to be a couple more "90-Day Challenges" coming up after this one is done! I'll send you a friend request - I would love to be inspired by your journey and hope to inspire you in any way I can too!
  • LilRock25
    LilRock25 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've never done MFP but did Weight Watcher's for a while. Had really good success with WW. I had some emotional things happen & was eating my way through them. Then got tired of paying the money & not actually doing anything with it. I just decided yesterday, after stepping on the scale & seeing how much weight I've gained back, it was time to do something. So now I'm going to attempt this. :)