Can't afford Insanity...any free/cheap equivalents?

Options
Title sums it up. My library has Insanity, but it will be several months (up to six based on the holds ahead of me) before it is available. Are there any free youtube options that anyone can recommend?

I'm currently doing Turbo Jam and adding on 10 Minute Trainer sessions after the easier days. I've done P90X and have access to that system again, but I'd rather not do that again due the length and repetitiveness.

Muchas Gracias!!!

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Have a look at bodyrock, maybe?
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    befit channel on youtube has some good workouts.
    maybe 30 day shred?
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Can you afford just the Insanity Fast and Furious DVD - that combined with P90X and Turbo Jam added in for variety would really still give you a great workout.
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Check your inbox. If you have any questions let me know.
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    bump for later
  • Michelleypoo82
    Options
    We bought ours used on eBay for $40.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    The free private alternative websites are usually illegal and are most likely not allowed to advertised on sites like myfitnesspal
  • goldilocks509
    goldilocks509 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bodyrock and there are other good ones on youtube too
  • teletubbie87
    teletubbie87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love the youtube videos posted by INSANE HOME FAT LOSS ..
    Great workouts.. They are short, but very intense and make you sweat =)

You should give it a try!
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Learn Lunge matrix with internal and external rotations

Learn Squats and all the variants including plyometrics

Learn how to add dynamic drivers to lunges and squats with more plyometrics

Make all that last 60 days at 45 minutes a day and release your own DVD on shopping channels

And make sure you have a "killer ab routine" as a free additional bonus material

Repeat ad infinitum - going faster and faster and higher and higher

WOOOOOO YEAHHHHH
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I found some Fitness Blenders videos on YouTube (You can also get them at fitnessblender.com) that actually don't make me want to punch the model in the nose in 30 seconds from all the overdone, condescending so-called "motivational" patter. It's kind of of strip down to the basics in presentation, but I like it that way, and if you like music with it, you could choose your own and put it on in the background. I use the low-impact and beginner ones (with mods on some exercises) because of knee and ankle issues. But there are alot to choose from and like I said, the only ones I've ever found that I can stomach. Hope that helps!
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    The free private alternative websites are usually illegal and are most likely not allowed to advertised on sites like myfitnesspal

LOL. However, don't use the free private alternative websites as they are tracked and may get you arrested. TRY to keep saving and then.. . pay honestly.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    - Nike Training Club app (iPhone)
    - Workout Trainer app (iPhone/Android, search "Insanity" as some of the workouts have been transcribed into the app)
    - www.litealloy.com (search old BodyRock and current ZWOW workouts, they're much better than the current BodyRock crap)
    - Insanity is very easy to torrent
  • amymoore12
    amymoore12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have all of the DVD's downloaded on to my laptop (I couldn't afford it!) , I could try and send them you if you want them? Feel free to message me :)
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Ebay..borrow from a friend..or youtube..there are people showing you each move of the exercises that are done in the video
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Zuska! Free and you can do it in your living room, backyard or at the beach/park

http://youtu.be/wQ9EsucslK8
  • dkaluh64
    dkaluh64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well you can try doing boxing for 2-3 hrs. it burns between 1500-2000 calories. And also there are several HIIT(High Intensity Interval Training Programs) programs that I could suggest to you if you are interested.
  • Get_Me_Fit1
    Options
    I have all the links to the videos!

http://****yeahfitspiration.tumblr.com/post/8565015236/workout-links

Where the 4 stars are, write the eff word (: