Anyone run around 10-15 miles a week?

Options
Hi! I'm trying to lose a little weight, but mostly focusing on keeping up my running. I usually do around 10-15 miles a week and would love to have more running friends!

Replies

• Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm not currently running due to serious heat here in MO and I've been trying to get through Insanity. But just a few months ago I was training for a Half. would be happy to have you as a support. Feel free to friend me!
    Best wishes!
  • carrots25
    carrots25 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try looking for a running club in your area. I run with a local running club.
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Until a week ago I was training for a half...until I hurt my foot in a 5K race...but as soon as this heals and I can figure out how to get up earlier or run later for those long runs, I'll be back to training. Feel free to add me
    I'm not currently running due to serious heat here in MO and I've been trying to get through Insanity. But just a few months ago I was training for a Half. would be happy to have you as a support. Feel free to friend me!
    Best wishes!
  • laurapgmartinez
    laurapgmartinez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I generally run 3mi everyday during the week, and do a longer run on the weekends to help train for the half I'm doing in October =)
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I run about 10-15 miles a week, probably a little more now. I just got my first 5k under my belt and just started doing 5 mile runs instead of 3 miles. I'll add you!
  • Apocalypse_Meow
    Apocalypse_Meow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I run 2 miles at least 4 or 5 days a week. Feel freeto add me :)
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Nope, i hate running! But i do workout twice a day, 6 days in the week ;)
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    LOVE running, I run 3x a week first thing in the morning and usually 8K every run. If short on time I will cut it in half or just do 5K instead. I always love to have running friends so everyone feel free to add me :happy: (Oh and I am a smiley addict :laugh: )
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    sorry I do KM here...
    but I'm usually around 15 K per week, sometimes more :)
  • xoyasminxo
    xoyasminxo Posts: 132
    Options
    I usually run 3-4 times a week and run a 4k or 5k depending on how much time I have/ what time I am running/heat outside. I really enjoy running and am thankful for trails to run on.
  • millymanda41
    millymanda41 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I run a few times week and have just done York 10k and am training properly now for next one in Oct.
  • millymanda41
    millymanda41 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I run a few times week and have just done York 10k and am training properly now for next one in Oct. But I really need to loose some weight too.

• tonipirie93
    tonipirie93 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wish i could run! I get far too out of breath & cant last long at all. Anyone have any tips?
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I wish i could run! I get far too out of breath & cant last long at all. Anyone have any tips?

@tonipirie93
    My running has dramatically improved, I can now wobble my way to 5k at a time, 43mins 3 secs is hardly a time to be proud of, but when I started I could not run at all. I downloaded an app called 5K runner which is aimed at beginners, it is a 8 weeks training programme for complete novices, that takes you from nothing to 5K in 8 weeks, and yes it does work :) and unlike many other apps I tried, it lets you listen to whatever music you want, and you can redo the same day several times if you are not ready to take it a step further. Have a look for it, or something similar, there are lots of great apps out there.
  • tonipirie93
    tonipirie93 Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    43 mins 3 secs! You should defo be proud of yourself. I couldnt even do the 3 mins without having to stop. Im going to look for the app and try it. Thanks :)@Bonny132
  • dodgydave9
    dodgydave9 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yes love running. 50-60 a week
  • abellone7289
    abellone7289 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am currently training for a half in a little less than a month! It'll be my first half, although I did just do a 10 miler last month. Any runners feel free to add me!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    43 mins 3 secs! You should defo be proud of yourself. I couldnt even do the 3 mins without having to stop. Im going to look for the app and try it. Thanks :)@Bonny132

Thank you @tonipirie93 it is really good, as it does the whole walk run walk routine, and gets you running just that little bit more each time. Good luck with it, think it cost me £1.50 but it was the best £1.50 I have spent in a long long time, was worth every single penny. I can now say "I can run" albeit slowly, I am now doing it again, but as an intervall training to try and speed myself up.