red face

Options
2»

Replies

• Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Happens to me as well, to the point where people ask me if I'm ok. It's annoying but I don't let it bother me anymore.

I used to get this a lot when doing power walking years ago on the trails. It WAS annoying because these people would be concerned I was going to pass out or something. It was great knowing people were concerned, but not so great when the people wouldn't believe you and kept INSISTING they get you help or water... :grumble:
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I'm practically purple during/after my workout. Don't worry about it, its nothing to be embarrassed about :-)
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything you can do about it, it's a function of your genetics and how the blood flows to your pores. You could buy a really powerful personal fan and try to mount it in front of you during class though maybe. Brookstone sells some pretty good ones.
  • rachey_v
    rachey_v Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    <
    Red facer right here!! Someone said about it being a reaction to heat which makes so much sense because I can't handle the heat of the sun fantastically either, I can get pretty bad prickly heat but have to take antihistamines when it's really hot (thankfully I live in the uk) Nice to know I'm not the only one..

I do wear it with pride though :laugh:
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I often wish that people could find peace with and acceptance of their natural bodies and inclinations... and especially not try to medicate it away. Please, for greater health and well being, just love your healthy self the way you are. Shine on, radiant ones! Shine like the sun! Brilliant like a rose! Glowing with health and life! Vibrant!
    Yes.. different.
    No- not bad... no need to change- please don't try to be to like everyone else, nor expect everyone to conform into one solid mass of grey. I love the colors- all of them.

A good response to the kids or anyone else, "It's the color of health!"

Now I've been smiling lately, thinking about the good things to come
    And I believe it could be, something good has begun

Peace~
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Are you fair skinned? I am (pretty much transparent) and I get red really quickly. Like everyone else has said, there isn't much you can do about it but know that you're red because you're a BAMF. I figure if I look like death after a workout, I did well.
  • Krissy027
    Krissy027 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Deep dark red. During and for hours after my run.

me too! At least 2 hours before I look normal again.
  • jevoyager
    jevoyager Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm red to some extent all the time - damn fair Irish skin, lol Nothing like having someone tell you that you need to put on less blush for a show, when you hadn't put any on to begin with! It used to bother me when I was younger and tried to wear makeup, mostly just so I didn't hear the comments all the time, but now I'm just too lazy and don't care. Still really annoying and embarrassing (especially in front of your boss - I have random periods where my face just fully flushes and inevitably I'll do this when talking to them, and they're like 'is something wrong?' urk...) but hell, its just not worth fretting over since there's nothing much to be done about it. Most people I work around now I think are used to it, so I don't get so many comments anymore...