New Special K chips/crackers...your thoughts?

Options
I've tried the new special K chips/crackers (cheddar and sour cream&onion flavor). I find them very good when I have a craving for chips.
18 crackers for 80 calories...

What are your thoughts? Will it hurt my weight loss badly if I eat around 30 crackers twice a week?

I am trying to find myself some ''not-to-hurting'' food when I have those craving moments.

Replies

• Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have eaten them before and they are good. I like the Pop Chips better though and can get a huge bag of them at Costco. Plus, I think they are less in sodium than the Special K brand.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried 'em but stuff like crackers don't fill me up at all, so aren't worth the extra calories.

If I ever get carvings, I just down a glass of water.
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If you like them, they fit into your calories and they fix that craving I say "why not"? But if you're actually craving something else and this is an attempt at substitution, you may find it better to have the "real thing" and watch your portion control! It's really up to you! :smile:

Edit to say: watch the sodium in any snacks though, it's evil what it does to spike your weight!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I have had them, personally I like pop chips better, and even better yet veggie straws.

Personally, if you like them and they satisfy a craving then why not have them? If you are within your calorie intake go for it.
    I have lost 84lbs eating rice cakes, pop chips, granola bars, popcorn, ice cream, you name it.

It's a lifestyle change don't deny yourself what you like.
  • mhouston2011
    Options
    If you can fit itnto your daily allowance, then add them in. Like everyone else has said though..really check out the sodium levels. Calories might be low, but you'd be amazed at what sodium does. Pop chips are amazing!!
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I like these better then POP chips, which feel greasy to the tough.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of them and I see no reason why you can have them. They are too high in carbs for me, so I abstain. :)
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I just bought the ones with sea salt last night and have decided that they are a "no go"!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong....they are wonderful, but are also very addictive. Yummy!!! :smile:
  • kaajay
    kaajay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love them. I don't think they're made from potatoes (which I am not a fan of, btw), so these do help curb my "chips" craving. I love anything salty!

My favorites are Sea Salt.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I thought they were gross. What about kale chips or seaweed chips? The wasabi flavored seaweed is really good.
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i love them. they have a couple different flavors, and they're more chippy than crackery and sometimes ya just need a chip! play it by ear! keep monitoring and if yr weight is stagnant, cut em! but if yr not going over calories you ought to be good;)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i think they are nasty.
  • susulani
    susulani Posts: 17
    Options
    I like the pop chips alot better, and there are more flavors to choose from. I buy the 100 calorie portion control bags
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I love them.
  • Uuuhlexis
    Uuuhlexis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think they are great! I can't even eat 30 of them at a time, I feel like it's a really great snack when I have some late night munchies. Plus I'm fully addicted to laughing cow cheese wedges, and they go great together :)
  • jtjunkie
    jtjunkie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I eat the plain, 110 calories for 30 chips. I divide them up into 10 chip snacks during the day and it works for me, especially when it's getting close to lunch & I'm starving or in the evening if I need a little something.
  • Merrymaker_Misery
    Options
    they're rubbish, just check the ingredients.

POTATOES, POTATO STARCH, BROWN RICE FLOUR, """"SOYBEAN OIL"""""""" WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS, WHOLE GRAIN YELLOW CORN MEAL, OAT FIBER, WHEY, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF SALT,""""""" PALM OIL"""""""""", CHEDDAR CHEESE (MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), MONOGLYCERIDES,"""""" MALTODEXTRIN"""""""", CULTURED BUTTERMILK, NATURAL FLAVORS, SOUR CREAM (CREAM, NONFAT MILK, CULTURES), LACTIC ACID, ONION POWDER, """""""DEXTROSE""""""""", CITRIC ACID, CULTURED NONFAT MILK, YEAST EXTRACT, BUTTER (CREAM, SALT), PAPRIKA EXTRACT FOR COLOR, GARLIC POWDER, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, TURMERIC EXTRACT FOR COLOR, WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, SOY FLOUR, DISODIUM INOSINATE, ANNATTO EXTRACT FOR COLOR.

the ones i put in """""" increase bad cholesterol and supress good cholesterol, also dextrose and maltodextrin are quite poisonous.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories left over, then go ahead and enjoy the chips. But dont' think of them as health food. They're nutrient poor processed carbs, whcih makes them more like junk food! Just eat them in moderation.
  • mcedes02
    mcedes02 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've had some off and on. A few at a time are good but usually I can't get a full serving in b4 they start leaving a funny taste in my mouth. I don't think they'd hurt as long as you r working them into your daily totals. I like the Fit and Active brand rice crisps better. Ranch or Caramel flavors (buy at Aldi's)
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I tried them but did not care for them. As long as you are within your calorie range I don't think you would have any problems