Wireless Office?

Options
sunrise611
sunrise611 Posts: 1,868 Member
I just ordered my first wireless printer - a Brother laser all-in-one printer! I can't wait to get it! It will also be my first laser printer since I only print in b/w and am tired of buying expensive color cartridges just to print in b/w! I always thought that laser printers were too expensive but it's actually more cost-effective than inkjet printers, especially if you only care about printing in b/w. If an occasion arises that I need color, I can always print it at a copy center like Staples.

But the real topic of this thread is about switching to a wireless office and getting rid of a messy, tangled clutter of wires!

I guess it can't be completely wireless because it needs to be connected to a power source. Other than that, this printer doesn't even need to be wired to the router.

How many people here have gone wireless in their office? How many wireless devices do you have? How has that worked out for you?

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I have a wireless Epson. It is by far the best thing I have done. Epson even has an app for your phone, I can print emails or other documents from my phone anywhere I have data service. I would check your app market to see if Brother has that option.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I hate my wireless printer. But I don't ever print anything anyways so it's not even plugged in [edit: 'connected' would probably be more accurate] right now. It just sits in the closet.
    -wtk
  • sunrise611
    Options
    Ket, you didn't say what brand you have or why you hate it. Brother is a pretty good brand for the most part and that's what I ordered.
  • JLWesterlund
    JLWesterlund Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a wireless HP all-in-one printer that i use for both my laptops and iPads and it works wonderfully. It does take a little while for the pages to start printing (maybe 30-60 secs at the most) but it is not a big deal. I have 11 gadgets running off my wi-fi and they all are operating at fast speeds.
  • sunrise611
    Options
    Can't wait to get mine and try it! :)