Can i eat back the calories from exercising ??

Options
2»

Replies

• muffinattack
    muffinattack Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You should eat some of them back, but if you feel full at the end of the day but still haven't eaten back some of the calories you've burned off then don't force yourself to. I usually only eat back a little if any, but if I feel hungry I eat back more. Listen to your body.
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well as you can see, mostly agree you should eat them :).

So only considerations are, eat them wisely, not junk foods if possible, also, if you are always meeting your calorie goal, feel no remorse eating those back, if you think one day or the other yo go over your goals well, you can let them be one day to compensate IMO.

Good luck! And welcome.
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body is different. If you're hungry, eat them back. If not, don't worry about it unless you start having issues.
  • healthyme20124lyfe
    Options
    That's a good question and I do agree with laura to not eat them back, but like most have said, everyone is different so do what's best for you in the end. In my own experience, eating the calories back on made me seem to maintain, and my overall goal is to lose so just see what works for you.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Eat them up (or at least half) it helps greatly.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    YEAH! I do, and lost 23 pounds since I started :smile: .

There are also a lot of options for exercising on mfp, make sure you use them! Like "Cleaning, light moderate effort" Or "Cleaning vigorous" "Cooking and food preparation" and so on. So add them in with your regular workout, if you do all of it! Make sure to be honest.
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yes, eat the calories back. I would suggest not eating all of them back. There is a magical number that you will find that you can eat and burn and lose weight. I leave about 1000 calories remaining everyday, or I try to. I usually burn about 1200 - 1500 extra at the gym each day. If you do not eat some of them back you will not lose weight. Your body will go into starvation mode. You have to fuel the furnace to keep it burning. Keep up the good work. :happy: