Im not a cook!! but...

Options
i would love to try some new recipes that are healthy and EASY to make that doesn't take much ingredients. any ideas?

Replies

• brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm not a big cook myself, but I've been finding alot of fun recipes on Pinterest! Some are alittle more complex than I'd like, but others are just fine!

Check it out!

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • missoularocks
    missoularocks Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you get a crock pot. There are tons of great recipes on the internet for them, too!
  • brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This recipe was just shared here last week! I haven't tried it yet, but plan to this weekend!!

Chicken & Biscuits Casserole (aka deconstructed chicken pot pie)

1 can Campbell’s 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
    3/4 cup fat free sour cream, divided
    2 cups cooked chopped chicken
    1 pkg (16oz.) frozen mixed vegetables
    1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
    1 cup Bisquick Heart Smart baking mix
    3 Tbsp skim milk

1. Preheat oven to 375.
    2. Combine the can of soup and 1/2 cup sour cream in 8” square baking dish. Add chopped chicken, vegetables, and cheese and mix until well combined.
    3. Mix Bisquick, remaining 1/4 cup sour cream and milk in a medium bowl and stir until dough becomes stiff.
    4. Drop 4 even mounds of biscuit dough over top of the chicken mixture. Bake on the bottom rack for 35 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.

Yields 4 servings.

The servings are extremely filling and come out around 400 calories, depending on the brand of ingrediets used.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com all the way!
  • barmum
    barmum Posts: 73
    Options
    What sort of food do you like because I'm sure I could share a few x
  • barmum
    barmum Posts: 73
    Options
    One of my faves has always been baked garlic and egg soup.

(for four people)
    2 large white onions and 1 head of garlic peeled and fine diced
    handful of bread crumbs
    can of white butter beans
    chicken/veg stock
    4 eggs
    parsley , lemon juice, black pepper and a small grating of strong cheese or /and chopped grilled bacon

sweat the onions and garlic in a teaspoon of olive oil until onions go translucent , add breadcrumbs and stir until juices and oil absorbed , add the stock, a teaspoon of lemon juice and the butter beans . Heat until bubbling then blend with a stick blender . Pour into 4 oven proof bowls and break an egg in each bowl. Put sprinkle of cheese etc on each bowl then put in preheated oven (180 c ) for five-eight minutes (until cheese melted and egg poached. sprinkle of chopped parsley and black pepper to serve.
    Absolutely ace for a cold, evil to serve to someone before a date !!
  • BNance509
    BNance509 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    www.crockingirls.com---- This is the best for crockpot meals.

If you are on facebook their are often people or friends that have started a recipe share site. Give that a try.

www.busycook.com is another one they have 5 ingredient recipes.

Hope this helps.
  • BNance509
    BNance509 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    http://www.busycookrecipes.com/

Here is the busy cook link I left part out!
  • 23BeachBum23
    Options
    yum that sounds good! im actually making a pinterest recipe tonight! i love that site
  • 23BeachBum23
    Options
    thanks everyone!