heart rate monitor and distance tracker in one?

Options
2»

Replies

• jennewbury
    Options
    MotoActv.

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/8GB-or-16GB-MOTOACTV/79070,en_US,pd.html

I love mine :) It tracks my steps, has GPS, Heart Rate Monitor, Golf Buddy and MP3 player. Plus it calculates how many calories I burn. When I get home it automatically syncs with my computer. Then I get to look at the charts to see my heart rate compared to elevation or calorie burn etc.

There are indoor workouts, and outdoor. You can calibrate it to work for you. You can buy accessories for biking to track cadence etc.

There is another cool feature, it sees how hard you work out to songs and the harder you work out, it makes a burn list with those songs!!

I love it! Plus Its cheaper than the Garmin.
  • DryHeet
    DryHeet Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been looking getting one of these too and from what I gather Garmin ones are good.

My question is does anyone know if they work indoors too like just as a HRM for use on a treadmill or stationary bike? xx
    It will work indoors on a treadmill if you add the garmin footpod. It will not work indoors on a stationary bike to track distance; not sure if it will track calories indoors on a stationary bike with the HRM.

I've used my Garmin FR410 in the gym on the treadmill and in Spin class. The only data I get is my HR and calories burned. But, I can buy the optional footpod, which ties to your shoe, and then you get pace and distance data on the treadmill. Another optional gadget is the speed/cadence sensor which you can attach to your bike when its on a trainer (sounds like too much setup to use on a Spin bike). It transmits data to the FR410 that is used to calculate speed and distance.

There's a really long review of the FR410 at this link http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2011/01/garmin-forerunner-410-in-depth-review.html
  • myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will come back later and check all those out. I do NOT have a smartphone, just a prepaid emergency one.
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I've been looking getting one of these too and from what I gather Garmin ones are good.

My question is does anyone know if they work indoors too like just as a HRM for use on a treadmill or stationary bike? xx
    It will work indoors on a treadmill if you add the garmin footpod. It will not work indoors on a stationary bike to track distance; not sure if it will track calories indoors on a stationary bike with the HRM.

I've used my Garmin FR410 in the gym on the treadmill and in Spin class. The only data I get is my HR and calories burned. But, I can buy the optional footpod, which ties to your shoe, and then you get pace and distance data on the treadmill. Another optional gadget is the speed/cadence sensor which you can attach to your bike when its on a trainer (sounds like too much setup to use on a Spin bike). It transmits data to the FR410 that is used to calculate speed and distance.

There's a really long review of the FR410 at this link http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2011/01/garmin-forerunner-410-in-depth-review.html

I also have the Garmin 410 and tried to use it during spin tonight but I can't figure it out! What type of activity did you set it at? I set it to biking but it obviously didn't track any distance, which is fine. I just want my calories burned. I was hoping there was a way to just set it to record only calories without trying to track an activity. I don't need it to try find GPS satellites.

Any tips are great;y appreciated!