Opinions needed on a recipe

Options
http://www.seafish.org/eating-seafood/seafood-recipes/main-meal/haddock/smoked-haddock-and-asparagus-tart

^ I'd like to make this recipe for dinner but I was thinking of using low fat creme fraiche instead of the single cream.

Would this be a bad idea? Or do you think it'd work as if it was cream? It doesn't help that I've never made a quiche type dish before, haha.

Thoughts would be much appreciated :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    http://www.seafish.org/eating-seafood/seafood-recipes/main-meal/haddock/smoked-haddock-and-asparagus-tart

^ I'd like to make this recipe for dinner but I was thinking of using low fat creme fraiche instead of the single cream.

Would this be a bad idea? Or do you think it'd work as if it was cream? It doesn't help that I've never made a quiche type dish before, haha.

Thoughts would be much appreciated :flowerforyou:
    it will change the taste, but it will work. or do what I do, two ounces of cream and 5 ounces of lowfat cottage cheese. Works really well.
  • LadyAmy20
    LadyAmy20 Posts: 137
    Options
    it will change the taste, but it will work. or do what I do, two ounces of cream and 5 ounces of lowfat cottage cheese. Works really well.

That's a good idea actually, but wouldn't the cottage cheese change the texture a lot?
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    you'd be better going with the cottage cheese - whisk it beforehand and the texture will be fine.
    Reduced fat creme fraiche goes grainy when cooked (though is fine uncooked) so definately will affect the texture.
  • funkylemur
    funkylemur Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    weight watchers always used cottage cheese in quiche, it used to taste lovely !
  • LadyAmy20
    LadyAmy20 Posts: 137
    Options
    okay I'm rubbish - thought we had cottage cheese in but we didn't, so made it according to the recipe instead. As it turned out though we cut it into six instead of four so the calories weren't too bad :)

Will try with cottage cheese next time to compare!!