^#&@^#&@^&

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
I thought I was having a nice and healthy low calorie breakfast, but crap on a stick, the calories in this thing are high.

I made a yogurt parfait with...

1 Yoplait strawberry yogurt (100 calories)
1 Medium Banana (105 calories)
1/2 cup of Quaker Granola (210 calories)

My breakfast was 415 calories. :sick: :indifferent:

Replies

• lina1131
    Options
    I thought I was having a nice and healthy low calorie breakfast, but crap on a stick, the calories in this thing are high.

I made a yogurt parfait with...

1 Yoplait strawberry yogurt (100 calories)
    1 Medium Banana (105 calories)
    1/2 cup of Quaker Granola (210 calories)

My breakfast was 415 calories. :sick: :indifferent:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    lol

I do the same thing, thinking I am eating healthy and then get shocked and star strucked.....

Just workout alittle more today and count it up as your splurge, hope you enjoyed it :wink:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    That's not so bad. It'll keep you going all day at least.
  • SunnyInBuffalo
    Options
    Granola is always has more calories than you'd think...Probably taste just as good with 1/4 cup

A walk/run/work out will get you some calories

Hang in there

:heart:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    That is not a bad breakfast! Don't beat yourself up!!

What is your plan for exercise today? Can you go for a walk at lunch today? (is the shyty rain over!?!?)

Here is a little pick-me-up for you - :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lina1131
    Options
    No shyt rain is still all over the place, but i'm still going to pick the keys up and drive my husband's car to the gym and have a good workout. I wasn't able to workout yesterday so I definitely can't skip today.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    No shyt rain is still all over the place, but i'm still going to pick the keys up and drive my husband's car to the gym and have a good workout. I wasn't able to workout yesterday so I definitely can't skip today.

So you are golden then!! let's turn this conversation around now -

Wow Lina!! that was a great breakfast you had today!! bet is was tastier than my cheerios!!
  • Meriller
    Meriller Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    One of my faves for breakfast is:

1 serving of cooked plain rolled oats, which I cook in the microwave, and before cooking, I add 1/2 a cut up apple in small chunks, and a few shakes of cinnamon for flavour...

No sugar, but the apple adds sweetness, the cinnamon a treat for the tastebuds, and for whatever reason, it's true that oatmeal "sticks to your ribs" or takes you a long way in your day!
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    It wasn't 2 doughnuts for breakfast:laugh: ::happy:
    You ate healthy stuff, don't be so hard on yourself:flowerforyou:
  • jacbac
    jacbac Posts: 12
    Options
    thats a healthy breakfast and calorie intake is fine - most of your calories should be consumed early in the day so you are not so starving at lunch etc.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    it actually is fine, considering that it has protien complex carbs and healthy fat as well as probiotics and potassium. Make your own granola its healthier and you control what goes in it....
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are saying. But now you are part of the runner's club. Those calories will melt off as soon as you hit the treadmill!! lol

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    completely off the subject but I am game for being in the runners club...