Ground Chicken and/or Turkey Recipes?

Options
Hey All!

A few years ago in college I had a room mate who ate ground beef DAILY! I have found that since this I about gag when I smell it..I have decided to try ground chicken but I am not sure what to do with it..Does anyone have any meal ideas? Thanks :D

Replies

• JayElleOh
    Options
    Anyone?
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Chicken Tacos? Treat the chicken just like you would beef.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Love chicken tacos.
  • kul2rshk
    Options
    I find you can use ground turkey or chicken in replacement of all ground beef recipes. So things like spaghetti, swedish meatballs, homemade burgers, spanish rice, crock pots soups and meals. I found the turkey is a bit blander and drier then ground beef but that’s why we have spices and veggies. Good Luck!
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options
    I make Chicken Tostada! They are pretty yummy.

Just get a chicken breast, boil it and then shred it when it is fully cooked. Then season it with what you want and you can put anything on it. I usually put sour cream, chicken, avocado, and cheese. Fills me up when I have two and it is not to bad in calories.

Just an idea!
  • brenda4life
    brenda4life Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just made chilli yesterday. Brown 1 lb of ground turkey with a medium size onion and green pepper ( I have a garden so I used one each green, yellow, and red). Add a large can of diced tomatoes and 2 cans of kidney beans (I switch up the beans based on what I have). Allow to simmer for an hour. Add chilli powder and cumin to taste. Enjoy.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Go to allrecipes.com. They have lots of great recipe for everything. You can type in ground chicken and it will pull up recipes with that ingredient. If you have a smart phone there is an allrecipes app. I really like that bc I can look up a recipe and have my iPad on the counter to look up the recipe while I cook.
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Meatloaf with ground turkey is awesome. So are homemade turkey burgers.

Chicken I use alot. Stick it in a crockpot with just about anything and shred with a fork. Great on tacos.
  • misticache
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com also
  • misticache
    Options
    Take 2 large boneless breasts, 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis, 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning, put all in crock pot on low for 6 - 8 hours 15 minutes before it's done throw in a block of fat free cream cheese and shred with a fork when done. It's super creamy and is excellent on taco salads, burritos, in homemade calzones, as a dip. It's super versatile and you can freeze any remaining portions.

You can make buffalo chicken dip this way to just substitute wing sauce for the taco seasoning and tomatoes.
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pork or beef. Turkey burgers are my specialty.

Chop and saute garlic, onion and mushrooms with some of your fav spices. Add them to the ground turkey with a touch of skim milk to keep them moist. You can also make turkey burgers stuffed with fresh sauted spinach and low fat swiss cheese. Delish.

Also - any dish that calls for groud beef you can subsitute with ground turkey.
  • JayElleOh
    Options
    Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!:happy:
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Anything with Ground Beef and be exchanged for Chicken, Turkey or Pork.

But from a Healthly standpoint you have to watch the fat split, look for 90/10 or better.....

Best of luck!!