argh zumba pants...HELP

Options
I am starting zumba. What is the deal with the cargo pants? I'm afraid to order any because I read so many conflicting things. I have no clue how to makes heads or tails out of their "size guide" ..I don't know what waist extended or relaxed means. Here is what I do know. I am 5 3 and weigh 156 lbs. I have a big booty and a smaller waist and thighs that need to lose some of their thunder. I don't want to spend $65 just to have my self confidence stripped because a 2 xl isn't gong to be big enough. Plus am I going to be dragging these suckers on the ground? HELP!!!

ps yes I have this "thing" about having to "dress" for whatever it is I'm doing. I might be 50 but I still want to look "good" while I'm sweating :)

Replies

• Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't know about sizing but after taking countless zumba classes, I find that pants are too restrictive. I would consider capris (either tight or loose).
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I would say to get just go to a store that wells workout gear and find a cute pair of pants that are easy and comfortable to move it and make you look and feel good when you wear them. I'd bet even odds you'll be able to find something for less than $65 (!!) for a pair of workout pants, with the added bonus of being able to try them on before purchasing. I've never spent more than $20 on a single piece of workout clothing (not counting my sports bras, for the service they provide, those are the only thing I'll spurge on).
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Any particular reason you want the cargo pants from the website instead of other workout pants?
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Go to mccarleyfitness.com. They have great sales! I got a pair of mens zip off Zumba pants for super cheap!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    But really, most people don't wear the Zumba pants. Yoga pants work.
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't spend the fortune for them. I'd go with whatever you like. I wear whatever is clean to Zumba. This includes my UA capris. Usually the only one featuring the Zumba gear in my classes(I've been to several, even around the world) are the instructors.
  • leiloob
    leiloob Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just use capri's and tank tops in bright colors for zumba! I have the neon lime green zebra print ones from J C Penny's and always get complements on them!
  • MelissaRegan
    Options
    I have been taking Zumba classes for a while now and I as well as other classmates like to wear compression capris.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba twice a week and have found that shorts or capris are best for me. Also, because when you shake things move, I like to find draw string bottoms so if it starts to shimmy down my body I can tighten what I'm wearing.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    The fitted capris by C9 at target seem to work best for me. They dont bunch up or slide around or make me sweat too much. I like them best.
  • AShawneeF
    AShawneeF Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i find that a mid-calf legging is really comfortable for zumba. leggings are sold pretty much everywhere, so they're pretty cheap. don't worry about the tightness or anything - i am about the same weight as you and if you get black ones they look pretty good.
  • aquapup
    aquapup Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like yoga pants for zumba too. I can move in them and I already have 3 pairs. No one in the class I used to go to wore actual zumba pants, not even the instructor. If you really want new pants though Nike used to have pants that were kind of cargo-ee that were comfy. That way you can try them on if you get them at a sporting goods store.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I've also been to several different classes, and I've only seen one "student" in zumba apparel. It's mainly the instructor's wearing that style- I think it's required of them...
  • Miggy52
    Miggy52 Posts: 164
    Options
    I do Zumba as well I just wear mid calf yoga pants...they work well..I don't like the idea of spending 80 buck on a pair of cargo pants...with the Zumba Logo on them..your paying for the name.....
  • blixgirl7
    blixgirl7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been going to zumba for 3 months and found most people wear capri yoga pants or compression pants. My daughter works at Old Navy and these pants are perfect!!!

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53935&vid=1&pid=810759&scid=810759092

Plus they are cheap. $15.00!!!!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    well I thank you all for helping me save that money. I like to look good but don't want to be standing out if I'm the only one wearing them :( and that's a good point especially since I"m in a small town ! I found a cute pair of sweat capris at walmart for $9 I'm going to start out in those (btw...a NSV --GO ME I had to buy a size smaller in them!!!!! ) I'm soooooooooo excited. I do want to look at those compression ones you are talking about from JC Penney. I do have one of those stores in my town!

thanks peeps!!!! :)
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I have been going to zumba for 3 months and found most people wear capri yoga pants or compression pants. My daughter works at Old Navy and these pants are perfect!!!

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53935&vid=1&pid=810759&scid=810759092

Plus they are cheap. $15.00!!!!

I want to order a pair of these...do you have them and a few of the reviewers say they stick to you when you sweat...that I don't want..but these are some cute pants and they come in petite.
  • blixgirl7
    blixgirl7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have three pairs of them and I wear them every time I work out. But they don't stick to me like the reviews say. They are truly the most comfortable pair of pants I have ever owned. And I have been wearing them everywhere now. Not just working out. I am short (5'2") so I have one pair of petite and the other two are just regular. The regular ones are long on me but the petite ones are perfect! So when I go down a size I will be buying all petites!!! Yeah!!!
  • Gypsybird87
    Gypsybird87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The best thing I've found for Zumba is the fitted Danskin Now performance capris. They are $12 from your local Wal-Mart and come down just past my knee. I also love the stretchy Danskin tanks ($5 each) and tees ($7 each). My capris are black, and the tops I pretty much bought one in every color!! :) This is all I wear for Zumba and it works perfectly. Cool, comfortable, non-restrictive for movement, wicks the sweat away, and looks great. I'm still 192 lbs, but I always feel my leanest and sexiest in my Zumba clothes! :wink:

Like other posters have mentioned, no one in the classes I attend wear actual Zumba-branded clothing, except the instructors.

Also, you want to lose weight and slim down, right? I know I do! No way would I pay $65 for pants that hopefully won't fit for very long. In my opinion, save your money for SHOES. The right shoes are essential for Zumba, and they will still fit even after you've lost weight. :smile:
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The best thing I've found for Zumba is the fitted Danskin Now performance capris. They are $12 from your local Wal-Mart and come down just past my knee. I also love the stretchy Danskin tanks ($5 each) and tees ($7 each). My capris are black, and the tops I pretty much bought one in every color!! :) This is all I wear for Zumba and it works perfectly. Cool, comfortable, non-restrictive for movement, wicks the sweat away, and looks great. I'm still 192 lbs, but I always feel my leanest and sexiest in my Zumba clothes! :wink:

Like other posters have mentioned, no one in the classes I attend wear actual Zumba-branded clothing, except the instructors.

Also, you want to lose weight and slim down, right? I know I do! No way would I pay $65 for pants that hopefully won't fit for very long. In my opinion, save your money for SHOES. The right shoes are essential for Zumba, and they will still fit even after you've lost weight. :smile:

Thankyou!! I LOVE these, and for $12 you can buy quite a few pairs!! They are comfy, easy to move in, wick away sweat and of course I think they are sexy as hell (so does my bf, and i assume by the male gazes I get when I weat them in the gym that they are sexy- approved)

I love danskin, and walmart has a great selection, you can look 'cute' and 'sexy' in workout gear without spending a fortune!