I'm putting in the work, but not getting results! Help!!

Options
HI! I'm an 18 year old girl, and a cross country runner. I'm trying to lose about 5 pounds, and have been on myfitnesspal.com for a couple of weeks now. I run almost every day, and am under my calorie goal everyday. However, I have not lost one pound since I've started. I'm confused as to why I'm not getting any results. Suggestions??

Replies

• Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You're so tiny! :)

For one, you aren't eating very many calories. Read up on "eat more, weigh less". I can't tell you exactly what to do or eat but I would suggest eating more. :) Feel free to add me and anyone on my friends lists. We all check in every day and everyone is very knowledgeable. Best of luck dear!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    You're not overweight and you do not need to lose weight. You do need to eat more however as most days you are not hitting 1200. If you are looking to see a change in your body you need to ditch some of the cardio and lift heavy weights....and EAT MORE!
  • Laurie1267
    Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi!

You are tiny indeed, but you're trying to eat healthy. I also agree, you're not eating enough. You don't even hit 1,000 calories a day after exercise is subtracted out. Also, you don't log water - are you drinking at least 8 cups of water a day?

Good luck - you're almost there!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Agree with more calorie and lifting weights. If you want to tone and tighten you gotta strength train. With your size you will see results quick! And don't weigh yourself while you are doing it. Use a tape measure or take pics once a week to compare.
  • cass3194
    cass3194 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for everyone's suggestions so far! I think I'm going to try weight lifting like everyone has suggested, and eating more calories. I'm also a vegetarian, so sometimes it's hard to get enough calories in, so does anyone have any suggestions of food with more calories but is still healthy? Thanks for everyone's support so far once again!

p.s. I am drink plllenty of water, at least 12 cups a day! (It's all I drink, i've never liked much else!) I just always forget to record it!
  • unoriginalusername007
    unoriginalusername007 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest eating more healthy fats to reach your calorie goal. As vegetarians we don't get fats from meats, so it's important to find some other sources. Try spreading a nut butter of any sort (PB, almond butter, sunflower butter etc.) on toast, english muffins, whatever you like, or eating walnuts, almonds, or pistachios. They all will help you eat more calories to reach your calorie goals, while doing so healthfully. =)

Edit* Whoops, I didn't mean to bump such an old thread! Sorry!