NSV and New Year's Resolution Achieved!

Options
On Friday after work I went to the gym and for the first time since kindergarten I DID A PULL UP! Not a chin up (palms in), but I real pull up! On January 1st, I could not even do one correct full push up, so I have come quite a long way.

Any one else have New Year's Resolutions that you are still working on/close to achieving?

Replies

• lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    Anyone?
  • jhner
    jhner Posts: 66
    Options
    Well, I made the New Year's Resolution to lose weight (not really a specific amount but did want to try to get from 175 to 160 by my 10 year high school reunion). I am currently 153-154 and working on toning up! By the way, my reunion was cancelled about a month before it was scheduled to happen. :) I feel that I have achieved my resolution and then some! Keep up the good work!
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! That feeling you get when you do something for the first time that you couldn't have done before...that you couldn't even have imagined doing before... is amazing. Keep going!
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yes, this week I achieved my New Year's Resolution! The beginning of Jan. I weighed 220ish at 5'9" and I couldn't even do houdehold chores without getting winded. Friday I made my final goal of 50 lbs lost. This puts me at 170, which is the top of the healthy weight range for my height. My fitness level has also drastically improved. I can run 2.5 miles continuously! I've never run more than a mile in my life until now. I'm not done yet. I've decided to go another 10 lbs and see where that puts me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!