Success even with a GAIN???

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
so we went to maine on vacation from 7/21-8/4 and i did some form of physical activity 9 of the 14 days we were there....i logged over 22 miles between running, walking, nature trails and hiking - even did some lake swimming too...my family was active this year more than any other year BUT of course i ate what i wanted within reason AND i logged all that i ate even if it was estimates or guesstimates based on what was available in the diary list....

anyway, i left for maine at around 176lbs and when i came back i peaked into the low 190s...i was angry and i was frustrated but honestly it didnt really bother me as much as it would have in the past....i know what i have to do now that i'm home and i'm doing it - eating cleaner, getting in my workouts and drinking my water (i slacked on that horribly on vacation).....

i'm back to 186 this am and i changed my ticker to reflect my gain...it was a "pissa" to see my lbs lost jump from 78lbs to 68lbs this morning but it is reality....

last night i was sorting through some old teacher resources in my garage and came across my class picture with my 4th graders for the yr 99-00....over the last 12yrs i have known my weight because i have made a conscious effort to "track" it with many efforts to lose weight...i know my highest ever was in sept 2005 at my son's 1st bday party at 263lbs....my "memory" of my body really only goes back to then (2005)...

i had forgotten how big i was before i gained with meeting my husband and then having my kids....

anyway, this picture that i found last night compared to a family picture we took on our vacation a few weeks ago after climbing 1300+ft to the top of a mountain is proof that it doesnt matter that i gained weight over vacation or that i'm still holding onto it right now....what matters is that i have changed my life, i'm actually teary typing this - i climbed a freaking mountain (a small to medium sized one but a mountain all the same) and i brought my kids and my hubby along for the ride....this is what this journey has been about for me this time....
THIS IS MY LIFE...i want to be the healthiest mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, WOMAN i can be.....

RecentlyUpdated.jpg

Replies

• kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    Good for you! It always helps to keep things in perspective. And I bet it felt nice to have such an active vacation--I've heard Maine is beautiful!
  • lauraashley614
    Options
    Way to stick with it! And logging that much exercise during a vacation is phenomenal. It's a long journey and you're doing great!
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Denise you have such a great attitude to your lifestyle, I really admire you for that!

And as for the pictures.......you look about 15 years younger, and in really good shape!
  • nannabannana
    Options
    You do look so much younger. Hey even the children looked they had been beaten up too. Godd for you and hubby for staying the course. You keep at it. BTW which HRM is that attached to your arm? Or whatever it is. I admire you for jumping right back into the plan too. PM me if you don't mind with that info.
    Good luck for continued success with your attitude you will do it!
  • jennymmiller
    Options
    Great way to look at it!!! And you look amazing!
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Love that attitude! It is easy to gain while on vacation, but you did the right thing once you got back home. Good for you. Congratulations on the big weight loss. That is awesome. You are beautiful, your husband and you look adorable together and of course the children are very cute. Thank you so much for sharing this today.
  • smurray3
    smurray3 Posts: 10
    Options
    lol...you can tell this is the top of the mountain...the kids look half dead and that is a fake smile on mike...LMAO! Awesome success....maybe next year I can drag ethan up there lol
  • smurray3
    smurray3 Posts: 10
    Options
    oh ya...and in 2000 you werent 50 years old...nice flower dress...LMAO should have asked me about that one *kitten*!
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    OMG girl - you totally have me tearing up too - just reading your post! You look SO great now and should be SO INCREDIBLY PROUD of yourself - don't let a few vacation pounds get you down. You'll lose the weight now that you are jumping back into your program. Keep climbing those mountains! :)
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Smurray is my sister in case you were afraid she was just being a bistch....she wasn't lol, just being her :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!