Anyone Else Not Seeing Results With Insanity: The Asylum?

Options
I'm on my last week of Asylum and not seeing many results. I did just finish off a bad week of eating last week, but I still wasn't seeing results before then. I'm just frustrated. I think my body likes the weight it's at and doesn't want to change. :(

Replies

• MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    the last few posts I've made I have gotten no responses on the past week or so.
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I cant see how you wouldn't get results if you are following the diet and pushing yourself in the workouts. You get out what you put into it.
  • iSpuggz
    iSpuggz Posts: 39
    Options
    30 days isn't long to see results. If you want results like those in the adverts you'd need to follow the diet plan to a T. You'd also need to work your *kitten* off in the workouts too. Do you have a HRM to see what you're burning during the workouts. Some people feel they're working hard because they're tired but that's probably not enough to burn away the fat.

What weight do you use? Did you take before pictures and measurements? I've noticed people saying they don't see a change but when they post their pictures there's an obvious difference.

Your body hasn't settled for a specific weight, it will change. Since you don't have an open diary, no one can see your first two weeks worth of food intake. Are you following the diet plan or just trying to eat healthy? Maybe there's foods in their stopping your progress or things your snacking on that you don't take note of. Also make sure you're not eating too little!

If you eat clean and work hard, you'll get results. But don't forget, 30 days is a short time. Being fit and healthy is a lifestyle change. Most people who do Asylum are relatively fit so the results come easier.
  • MandyMarie01
    Options
    I cant see how you wouldn't get results if you are following the diet and pushing yourself in the workouts. You get out what you put into it.

this is my second round of asylum and I didn't see much results in the first round either. I burn like 400 a workout sometimes more, yesterday was 600 burned. I ate bad last week, but have been eating good the other 3 week weeks for the most part. I go to the gym too. I'm just frustrated beyond belief.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    1. Open your diary so we can see. 2.) do you use a HRM? 3.) Whats your height, weight, and age.
  • MandyMarie01
    Options
    yes I wear a HRM

I'm 22, 5'2 and was 188 the week before last but now 192.

Last week I didn't log everything, Friday I didn't log and just last week was an off week.

My diary is open to public now, was just open for friends.
  • alexis831
    Options
    Alright you wanted a good answer so I went back through to July 26th on your exercise and food…You are WAY over your calories for the last 3 weeks on average! You need 2071 calories to maintain, 1571 for a 500 calorie deficit a day. You are averaging 2000+ AND that doesn’t take into account the off days you didn’t log because you were so far over! So I am guestimating you were around a 2400 average which would make you gain weight. I also see you not working out as much this last week or so, took 8/12, 8/11, & 8/9 off. I am so glad you have a HRM those are more accurate because that would be my next thing. I don’t think pushing a cart for 90 min put you at 800 calories lost however, but I could be completely wrong on that! MFP tends to over estimate my calories burned so glad you have a hrm. Make sure and log every calorie…. every single calorie and weight your food too. You could be even more off then that if you are not weighing your food. In addition, you might want to incorporate some weights into your equation. A lot of cardio and no weights will get your body use to cardio and it will be harder to loose. Personally, I didn’t follow the insanity eating plan while doing insanity or p90x (I only did p90x for a couple of weeks tho)… I need a bigger deficit to see results and I know my body. You might want to try a 750 deficit (1321 calories a day) and then eat back your workout calories burned but ONLY if you are very accurate with everything and stick to your mouth and every calorie burned. Personally I can hit my diet hard M-Saturday IF I incorporate an “off” day where I can go over but not over enough to ruin my week. It doesn’t set me back much at all and causes me to succeed pushing me through the week to my reward. You might want to try that. Find something, ANYTHING that you can use to keep motivated to eat well. If you can do that, you will win!

Date Calories
    8/7 1636
    8/6 1812
    8/5 2474
    8/4 2146
    8/3 1545
    8/2 2959
    8/1 1752
    7/31 2241
    7/30 1901
    7/29 1691
    7/28 1360
    7/27 1990
    7/26 2299
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I was going to say that you can't be pushing yourself if you're only burning that amount of calories. What do I know? I'm no expert and I've never done Asylum.
  • MandyMarie01
    Options
    Alright you wanted a good answer so I went back through to July 26th on your exercise and food…You are WAY over your calories for the last 3 weeks on average! You need 2071 calories to maintain, 1571 for a 500 calorie deficit a day. You are averaging 2000+ AND that doesn’t take into account the off days you didn’t log because you were so far over! So I am guestimating you were around a 2400 average which would make you gain weight. I also see you not working out as much this last week or so, took 8/12, 8/11, & 8/9 off. I am so glad you have a HRM those are more accurate because that would be my next thing. I don’t think pushing a cart for 90 min put you at 800 calories lost however, but I could be completely wrong on that! MFP tends to over estimate my calories burned so glad you have a hrm. Make sure and log every calorie…. every single calorie and weight your food too. You could be even more off then that if you are not weighing your food. In addition, you might want to incorporate some weights into your equation. A lot of cardio and no weights will get your body use to cardio and it will be harder to loose. Personally, I didn’t follow the insanity eating plan while doing insanity or p90x (I only did p90x for a couple of weeks tho)… I need a bigger deficit to see results and I know my body. You might want to try a 750 deficit (1321 calories a day) and then eat back your workout calories burned but ONLY if you are very accurate with everything and stick to your mouth and every calorie burned. Personally I can hit my diet hard M-Saturday IF I incorporate an “off” day where I can go over but not over enough to ruin my week. It doesn’t set me back much at all and causes me to succeed pushing me through the week to my reward. You might want to try that. Find something, ANYTHING that you can use to keep motivated to eat well. If you can do that, you will win!

Date Calories
    8/7 1636
    8/6 1812
    8/5 2474
    8/4 2146
    8/3 1545
    8/2 2959
    8/1 1752
    7/31 2241
    7/30 1901
    7/29 1691
    7/28 1360
    7/27 1990
    7/26 2299

Thank you for the informative reply, I appreciate it I'll try to lower my calories. Part of the higher calories were from a protein shake that I was making and I figured that since it was protein shakes it was ok, but it's really about calories in and calories out. That day I was grocery shopping I hardly ever log that, just wasn't feeling great that day and I think my elbow was bothering me so I took my HRM and used it at the store, cheating yes I know :(

I'm trying to be better this week and stay better. I know that if I'm not super strict on my eating I don't lose but it's hard to be really strict but I know it's worth it :)
  • alexis831
    Options
    It is! And get a scale for your food. You really might be way underestimating your calories on that too! I was big time! And.... I stopped doing protein shakes. If I only get so many calories a day, I am NOT going to waste them on that. You can if you want I just will want to eat more after the shake because it doesn’t satisfy me! It is calories in and calories out baby! Find what works for you and stick with it! Good luck... YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • MandyMarie01
    Options
    yeah I hear that. the kind I bought (Body fortress) chocolate peanut butter is nasty so I have to put pb and some yoohoo powder mix in it to mask the overwhelming pb taste it has which ups the calories.

I recently switched from cow milk to rice milk and I love rice milk, I need to switch back to ground turkey and ground chicken again instead of ground beef, but it can get expensive.
  • peridot1383
    peridot1383 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to have a protein shake for recovery and soreness try Designer Whey Chocolate. I make a shake after my Insanity workouts in the morning with 1 scoop of protein powder (only 100 cals per scoop and 18g protein), 1 tsp Ground Flaxseed (I use bob's red mill), 1/2 cup of mixed berries or mixed fruit (usually frozen.. way easier and still fresh), 1 cup of greens (i'm a trader joe's person and they have a great mix of kale, swiss chard and spinach called Power to the Greens), and 1cup of almond milk (you can use rice milk if that's what you like). You DO NOT taste the greens at all (provided you have a great blender). You could add almond butter or organic peanut butter for taste and still come in under 300 calories. It's a filling breakfast and its the recovery you'd be looking for from a shake.

Other question though.. I am finishing Insanity and I am considering doing another Month 2 of Insanity and then maybe the Asylum. What equipment do you need besides what they send you? I am absolutely not strong enough to do a pull up so I would be doing whatever modification they have for that i'm sure. Stick to it!
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love Asylum!! But it increased my endurance more than anything! I noticed I lost some arm definition and went back to doing weight resistance exercises 2x a week. I now mix Asylum and/or Insanity for my cardio workouts and do weight resistance 2x a week. I also eat between 1600 and 1800 cal a day, approx 150 g of protein a day, about 230 g of carbs a day, 40 to 50 g of fiber a day. I think diet is way more important than exercising. You have to do both in order to get results!! If you are eating bad, you will not get good results from any workout! Good luck!! I can't wait for Asylum vol 2 that is coming out in a few months!!!
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Log everyday! Even the bad days! It helped me stop saying "I don't know why I'm not loosing weight" and be honest with myself. It took me about 2 months of logging everyday to officially change my diet to where it was a habit not a chore or feeling of depriving myself. I do not have a lot of weight to loose and do splurge on the weekends but I find that by conistently logging I make better choices throughout the week and even during the day on weekends if I know I am going out to eat out or drink in the evening...this way I don't feel too bad :) Going out to eat and alcholic beverages is what gets me the most - I try and look at the restaraunt website/menu in advance so I can choose the "healthiest" option in advance. For me, the bad days are just as important as the good days when you are trying to re-shape your food and exercise habits! Once you start seeing all that you are putting into your body it is pretty eye opening! Good luck! :smile:
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I loved asylum and am looking forward to doing it again this fall after my marathon. I didn't "see" results, but I was already at where I wanted to be when I did it, I had finished 2 rounds of insanity, and was looking for something more. I got that with asylum. I went faster, increased my insurance, thought the weight training was so much better than insanity, and really hit it hard. I am not very big, so maintained my calories at the lower end of where the suggestions were from the diet plan on the Asylum/Insanity plan. I do think it's like any program, and takes time. I'm a firm believer in using diet to lose weight and using exercise to get fit, but not exercise to lose weight. It sounds like you've really gotten some help in the diet end of it. Asylum is hard, good for you for pushing yourself. like that.
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Honest? Your diet has alot of processed stuff and "junk". I would try to up your fruits, veggies, and protein.
  • boba1988
    boba1988 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    erm lets say... Aslum is NOT for loose Kilos.... it is NOT for NOT fit people and it is NOT just a workout, it is more than that, it is mental + body work... If you not in shape (and i mean in a realy good shape) than you can not work hard enough... you think you work fast and har on complex moves because you body is in pain but you do not have enough reps and you are not fast/strong/high enough to get everything out of 37 minutes... Asylum is for Athletes and many people use it to a Addition to normal training or do double sets on some days.. if you aren not in peak condition, than you better do 2 rounds of insanity ore an insanity/p90x hybrid.. and than you start Asylum 1/2.. you will feel a very big difference.....