How much should I burn?

Options
I am 5'4....180 pounds...Goal weight: 140.

I usually burn 450-500 cals per workout. Is this too little? Should I go longer or push harder to earn more calories?

Please inform.

I am so sick of this fat. It must come off....

Replies

• alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    In a given week, how many times to you make it to the gym? Have you ran reports against your workout and nutrition? It is also difficult to determine, as you don't record your diary everyday
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    i like cardio but i will be adding light resistance once my legs stop screaming at me on the day after
  • kmhamilton6
    kmhamilton6 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 times a week.

I do total body conditioning classes that are strength training based. Lots of stupid squats and stuff. :(
  • kmhamilton6
    Options
    Bump.

Help mw
  • quietcoral
    quietcoral Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think 450-500 calories burned from exercise is pretty good and you really don't need to burn more than that in a day unless you are training for some kind of long distance event. Losing weight is more about what you eat than how much you exercise though.
  • pixelsurgeon88
    pixelsurgeon88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My trainer at the gym said that in regards to fat burn don't go over 45 minutes as you start to burn muscle rather than fat.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    There's no right or wrong answer. 400-500 is fine and probably pretty average.
  • kmhamilton6
    Options
    Bump
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    if you've been at it for a while and nothing is working, its time to examine your diet.