Spanish Vacation- I lost 50 pounds. OLE!

Options
Almost a year ago I was determined to return to Spain but in a healthy body. It was such a joy to go in a new me. I had the energy to walk for hours and enjoy the beautiful cities. I was gone for 25 days and I ate cheese, wine, and bread almost everyday. I didn't gain an ounce but that was because of my daily treks and fresh food.

It has been a tough journey. It still is. I had half a maple bacon doughnut today. HALF! I still love greasy food. I love McDonalds fries.

What did I do different? Well, I joined this amazing site and started checking in my food daily. I got in a routine of walking everyday 40 minutes. I really don't cook. I try to get my fruits and veggies in with fish and chicken. Some people have asked to look at my food journal and it is honestly boring. I have "cheated." I won't lie. I have my occasional amazing burger and not the fries or vice versa. I can not deprive myself or I will fall back.

Newbies my best advice is to give yourself smaller goals. I always wanted to lose 50 but I started my goal at 25 to obtain my first goal faster.

I am still not done. I would like to lose another 5-8 pounds. I will never be considered "thin" but I feel great the way I am and that's alright with me. Best of all, I'm back in the dating world and not so shy anymore.

Best of luck to you all!

Photo one- At work (dont I look uncomfortable?)
Photo two- My Spanish friend and I at a club
Photo three- In town enjoying a beautiful summer night in Spain

100_0340.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h87/earlydawnrose/100_0340.jpg[/img
IMG_0937.jpg

Replies

• Mexrose
    Mexrose Posts: 46
    Options
    IMG_0937.jpg
  • Mexrose
    Mexrose Posts: 46
    Options
    069.jpg
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    FRIGGEN AWESOME!!!!
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Stunning difference, great job and sounds like a wonderful trip!
  • jaxonvol
    jaxonvol Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! Very inspiring. You look beautiful!
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Great story and congrats! You look amazing!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Beautiful lady! And beautiful attitude on your weight loss.
  • pobski
    pobski Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great job!

The real question is how did you manage to stop eating the donut halfway through. I think I could only do that if i tripped and dropped it in mud.
  • kajpen
    kajpen Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Amazing difference... you look younger and so much happier in the second two pictures! Congratulations!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    you glow!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Well done you look fantastic :-)
  • minionmama
    Options
    You are beautiful! Thank you for sharing this!
  • minerva00
    minerva00 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I like that you used your vacation as a motivator. My husband and I just returned from a trip to Cancun, MX and we did so much swimming, walking, climbing, zip-lining that I also lost a few lbs.! I love your comment on making a smaller goal first to feel that sense of success sooner and keep motivated to continue. Great job!
  • fitfunk
    fitfunk Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I like your philosophy! Well done. You look stunning!
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You look BEAUTIFUL. xooxo
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Great job! - you loko fantastic
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
    Inspiring story, beautiful woman... :)
  • FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Options
    You look fabulous! I agree with you and will be sending you a friend request....if I didn't let myself eat the food I like, then I wouldn't be down to where I am now...diets aren't my thing at all!!! I'm so incredibly proud of you & wish you luck w/your maintaining...I'll be here to support you totally!!! :flowerforyou:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Muy caliente!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!